Midrange 2-channel amp to power comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

subyman
10+ year member

The Dude
IL
Looking to spend around 200-300 dollars on an amp. I have some Phoenix Gold RSD6cs speakers on the way and am going to use an old avionixx 800.2 while I decide on a permanent amp for them. I need it to put out around 100 watts @ 4 ohm and be somewhat smaller in size. Around 12"x10". Here is a list I have made, feel free to recommend within the list or add to it.

Memphis 16-MC4.50 - 2x140W bridged 4ohm

Zapco I-450 - 2x180W bridged 4ohm

US Amps XT800.2 or .4 - 2x100 or 2x200

Eclipse XA2000 - 2x100

RD 55.4AB

Sony... J/k haha

I know I have always wanted a Memphis amp. I used to be into car audio when I was younger and couldn't ever afford one, now I can and want one. However, I want the best my money can buy. How do all these compare to each other and what would you recommend for my speakers? How do these compare to the sun down amps?

Thanks guys

No suggestions? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Local shop is giving me a Memphis MC4.50 for 200. Awesome deal, can't even get it on woofersetc for that and this will be warranted.

Already bought the Memphis M-class amp. I didn't intend to spend this much on an amp, but the one I had no longer works so I am stuck getting one. The free speaker install turned into the 300 dollar install. Always seems to turn out that way lol.

I spent about 8 hours running all my wiring. Totally hidden and nothing done half assed (I've installed about 20 full systems for friends and family.) I had some 3+ year old CDT CL51's sitting around and I decided to put them in. Ended up one of the mids seized up right when power went to it. Defective piece. So I looked up how much it was to order a replacement woofer. 64 dollars. May as well get a new set. Was going to use my brother's amp to run them but he ended up wanting to use it. The only other amp I had was broken and I didn't want to use my Orion 8004.

***** to get everything installed and then have a defective piece. Like I said the "free" install using spare parts ended up costing 300 bucks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.