Another Type AArrrgh enclosure build

waseem
10+ year member

finally have started to build box for my 2 aarghs, about 4cuft at 35hz with about 72 sq inches of port.

this is my first ever box build let alone first ever woodwork project that wasn't from school so not gonna be real clean. gonna be powered by 1500rms, so hopefully will sound good in the end.

it will be braced with 45s in each corner, will have lengths of pine to brace top to bottom and front to back and will be double baffled. The subs will be firing up and the port will be firing back because the car is a wagon.

For the double baffle, is it better to have the driver screwed into the first board of the baffle and then the next board of the baffle around the sub so that it is flush, or just cut the holes for the sub the same size on both boards of the baffle and screw in so that it is not flush. Is one way stronger than the other? (probably a stupid question right?)

heres the pics so far

cutting it up

image304e.jpg

image305.jpg

image306u.jpg

image308.jpg

image311x.jpg

image313l.jpg

thanks guys

continued pics

sleeping on the job

image321e.jpg

gangsta baffle chain

image323.jpg

i like glue

image322j.jpg

basically done

image326.jpg

having a try of the new toilet

image325y.jpg

yea i know the sub holes don't look good, it was my first time doing it so get off my back! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

now just got to sand everything down nicely, and wait for silicon to dry, hopefully it will actually work lol

thnx guys, yea probably going to be painted

my friend wants to do something like this but looks pretty hard

lol he likes alpine a lot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.