hatedonmostly
5,000+ posts

throwin' hunnits, hunnits
Detroit, MI
So, I need a box built for this truck:

0517091236.jpg

to put a AudioQue SDC2.510 in. A box with these measurements I took:

project1i.png

Gray box is the amp. Rockford Fosgate BoxWizard says the box is 1.59 ft^3, which should be perfect for this sub, after woofer and port displacement.

Now, I don't know how to port a box or a wedge-shaped box, that's why it's not part of the design. I would assume an aero port would be easier? And I believe I want it tuned at 33 Hz, as that is what the sub is rated on the AudioQue website?

ya port a wedge the same way with tuning, hehe

id slot port that box down the backside if you could looks like an easy box but if port isnt included in total internal volume already when you go to tune it it will change the specs of your current design unless that box is strictly based off of what willl fit room not overall speaker specs?

looks like 1.589cf before port/speaker displacment or that amprack thingy ya got going on there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The box should be fine for the mounting depth of the sub. The amp rack isn't included in the volume. If slot tuning would make such an impact on the volume of the box, I guess I'd have to go to an aero port. And yeah, that's basically as much as I can fit in the cab, and that's WITH moving the center console up an inch or two. AQ website says that 1.5 ft^3 is good for the 10". If I want a bigger box it's gonna require ripping the center console out, and I'm not sure I wanna take the plunge on that quite yet.

In the end, I'll probably just go to a shop with my sub and get a box made.

so do you need that box built?? or did you lie in the title??

lmk im doing a few builds right now and can knock it out and ship it to you

Yes, I do need it built. I said that because it seemed no one was replying saying that they would build it...

PM me with the details, pricing, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.