A better 15" sub

prototype561
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have this sub 15" Hifonics Brutus, nice lil budget sub thats pretty decent. I wondering if any of the below options would be a step up as far as quality and spl. Im looking for more spl than sq, but not sound too bad. I want to get 1 for now, and possibly at a second sub later. I have aprox. 900wrms to work with for now. Putting in a 3 cubed, tuned 33 hz. Would i be better off sticking with the sub i have now and getting another one or getting one of the below options, open to any suggestions.

1.RD Sonance $175 shipped

2.AQ SD2.5 $185 shipped

3.Diamond Audio D6 $190 shipped

4.Re Audio SE $130 shipped

5.Alpine Type R $150 shipped

or any other quality drivers out there.

trying to stay up under $225 for the sub.

Thanks for looking and helping me out.

id go with an 18" WMD by pierce audio for $175
Im guessing you've never actually used them? Terrible customer service, product doesn't meet specs or promises and they will not cover any warranty, they will not even respond to my posts or PMs, they actually banned me from their forum for asking why they product had such weak failing points and why they wouldn't do anything about it.

interesting that people r saying the type r and diamond d6, its just so hard to purchase things that u never heard, i thought the sonance would get the popular vote lol, little do i know

I narrowed it down to the type r, sonance, and d6, ive been reading some good things about diamond audio, rd audio, i believe the type r might be the safest pic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.