Hypnotic z1250.1 monoblock amp do rated power?

ConroyConway
10+ year member

Conway
I have a friend that has a hypnotic 1250.1 and weve thought that we where gettin about 1200rms at 1 ohm but somebody at the local car audio store tried to say that it aint puttin that out. I cant find no where on the internet that tells the rated power of these amps instead of peak. Does any1 no what this amp puts out rated?

the local car audio store wants to sell their own product, its typical for them to bash other stuff to get a sale. Only real way to know if the amp does rated power is to clamp it with one of those clamp meters. I'd say it'll do close enough to rated though, did you check ampguts?

Hypnotic amps ( the older ones in particular) are not bad for the money...

However its not a 1200 Watt RMS amp...

2x20@12.6v=504@100% Efficiency....

In theory if pulls twice the current that the fuses is capable of holding (80a) then you can get closer to 1008 Watts @100% Efficiency...

Since no amp is 100% efficient, and I doubt a designer is going to design an amp to run that close to melt down...it is safe to say it doesn't do that much power...

However I would say it probably is a solid 500Watts...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.