Alpine 7995 ??

Rob.
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a chance to buy a BNIB Alpine 7995 from a local seller.

I'm looking for opinions on this deck.

I used to have a 7893 in 2002 and it used to have issues, like intermitent skipping and intermitent sound cutting out ,after 3 years.

thanks

If that's the one without the internal amp, I had one and enjoyed it. Heck I'd probably still have it but I just had to trade up to multimedia when alpine came out with the W200.

Take that back, I went from the 7995 to the 9811 then the W200. I liked the 7995 more than the 9811 because of the blue coloring, I think both had the same features - 9811 had an internal amp.

Rob,

I f that is the pre-amp unit you will be pleased.I had a Alpine 7307-cassette-pre-amp unit.Without a four channel amp,you would hear nothing at all.That h/u in 1981 was $565.00..sendust head,Cr02 oxide metal tape capabilitiy,music search,music sensor,sep. bass&treb,am/fm.3-way components in the doors and 2 10" free-air woofers mounted where the rear-fill 6x9's would be...The amp was Alpine's biggest 4 channel they made,I don't remember what powered the subs a Fosgate amp{I forget the model#].Nor did I care.I just wanted the cleanest,loudest I could get.The car was a 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix Gold Anniversary Edition..leather,T-Tops,lowered....What a car.........memories..If you are trying to re-create a certain sound or image in your mind..DO IT...You will be glad you did...good luck,Alpine50....

Nice deck, And bonus for being NIB, I got a 7949 copper case local for a killer deal, I just wish it would play CD-r's (not MP3 discs).

Sounds like a deal grab it up!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.