88 mustang gt

pitbull12887
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
waxhaw, NC
I picked this up a couple of days ago for $2500....Figured i would post a log as the last mustang with what all i have done to it...going to pretty much redo all of the interior.

Has a built 93 cobra motor..im not sure what alls done but its alot faster than stock

4.10 gears

pro 5.0 shifter

Aftermarket clutch

Roush 2.5" lowering kit

Came with a amp kits allready hooked up and a cheap cd player

Heres some pics of the car:

3n43k83mdZZZZZZZZZ974c0e946f976b819.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture074.jpg

faster than stock cause the gears more than motor. 93 cobra only had 235 hp. 89 gt had 225hp both rated at the flywheel. 93 gt had 205 the only year that had 205hp and efi.

Ok so...so far i have bought:

New exterior door handles, a new cobra shift knob, and firethorn red pearl is the color im painting it....

rspAL2701-KIT.jpg

Im trying to find a black carpet set to change the carpet...anyone know where some is for cheap? Im also about to buy these seats since the fronts are so **** dirty....

RS-C200PL-BK-COBRA_SABBK-NL2.jpg

faster than stock cause the gears more than motor. 93 cobra only had 235 hp. 89 gt had 225hp both rated at the flywheel. 93 gt had 205 the only year that had 205hp and efi.
I know ... its a built motor though...he said the previous owner built it for drag but wasnt sure what all was done... my last car had a built 306 with 4.10 gears and this foxbody is easily faster

looks like a nice start.
i dont think its too bad of a deal... i paid $2500 and had my father pick it up in convington, VA.... when i first seen it, it looked to be in worse shape than i thought and i was kinda mad...then i started finding out about the parts he didnt tell me about haha so im ok with it now... it should look good in a month or two

well if its got gt-40 heads on it cobra intake thats good start. but if its a "drag" motor it must have dome pistions cause gt-40 heads are 64cc heads. to have some good comp. trust me im on my 13th foxbody.{410w c-4 4.10 gears coupe} runs 5.60s in the 1/8th and runs on pump gas. i dont call mine a drag motor. a drag motor is all some ones opinion. i call mine a pump gas streetcar{tag insurance all lights}

Well over the last few days ups brought me some goodies for the foxbody... Im still waiting on my Black interior carpet, Fatmat deadening, 15" DC sub, and my JVC KD-S100 cd player to come in.... Heres some pics of the toys so far...

Firethorne red pearl paint, new door handles, and a cobra shifter which im not sure i want to use ( do yall think it looks tacky?)

Picture077.jpg

Black carpet inserts for the door and New 5.0 high performance emblems

Picture078.jpg

MbQuart 1200.1 amp thanks to smellysack lol

Picture079.jpg

My racing seats with 4 point harnesses

Picture080.jpg

and i picked up a new table saw at lowes for the false floor project :p

Picture081.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.