03 Cobra mustang build

Farmacist
10+ year member

Soundstream Elite
Detroit, MI
I'm doing an install right now for George (Hegotgame)

Whats going in (all Soundstream)

-R1-15 reference subwoofer

- Rubicon Rub1.700 amp

- Rubicon Rub4.500 amp

-RF-60 Reference components

- SST5.7 Tarantula Coaxials

- Eclipse AVN6620 headunit

Its goin to have a fiberglass enclosure in the trunk with the sub reverse mount

here's some pics

the equipment

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

500hp of American muscle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMG_0807.jpg

the sub enclosure is going to be taking up the spare well

IMG_0805.jpg

old mach amp rack

IMG_0809.jpg

seat removal

IMG_0812.jpg

what the trunk will look like (position wise)

IMG_0823.jpg

going to make a baffle for the component

IMG_0819.jpg

stay tuned, I'm working on it as right now so more pics will be up later tonight

here's the rear deck before being wrapped

IMG_0816.jpg

all the interior guts

IMG_0822.jpg

beginning of deadener

IMG_0820.jpg

I also sprayed "Good Stuff" expanding foam around in the framing of the trunk. ... more pics of that later

Thanks for posting the pics and for the hard work.

I guess ill post the mods aswell

Ported stock blower, Afco heat exchanger, Billetflow pulleys, Jba Headers, Jba H-pipe,cai, Magnaflow Exaust, Accufab tb, Ram 26t twindisk, Pro 5.0 shifter, lowered 2inches, Irs brace, 26t axel splines, Steeda caster camber plates, drilled and slotted rotors(still did install the back ones yet though)18inch Detroit speed Cobra wheels with Bfgoodrich up front and Nitto drag radials in back. I'm prolly forgetting a few little things...

Regular pic of the car clean. The back windows are tinted now is the only thing that was done since this pic.

030.jpg

incoming alarm system aswell.

Nice car, and nice choice with the install. Is that 15" going to be down firing?
yeah, I'm probably going to start tonight on the box of the skeleton so I'll have some pics up..

The problem at first was that the spare well is actually offset from the center, so I have to make the box offset itself, but the false floor/ fiberglass bubble will hide it to make it look centered

finished up deadening for the most of the deadening,

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg
'

IMG_0833.jpg

I still gotta put a couple more cans of foam in it before its sealed off

IMG_0832.jpg

More work tomorrow

awesome car for sure, and a nice list of mods.

Stereo looks great so far too should be a killer car all around when it is finished.

Awesome car. I had two mustangs I got rid of a few years ago.. one ran 9s and was street driven. I never did a nice system in that one but wish I had. I will keep coming back to see your progress. Don't make the car to heavy... every hundred pounds will kill about a tenth in your 1/4 mile time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Awesome car. I had two mustangs I got rid of a few years ago.. one ran 9s and was street driven. I never did a nice system in that one but wish I had. I will keep coming back to see your progress. Don't make the car to heavy... every hundred pounds will kill about a tenth in your 1/4 mile time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
so 2000lbs only adds 2 seconds??

Thanks

I'm not really worried about eta's anymore. Only thing i'm gunna do is put a smaller Whipple on it and tune it to around 650rwhp. The entire enclosure in the trunk with the amps and speakers should be less then 150 pounds i imagine so it shouldn't be to bad. Considering Nick took out the spare, jacks, amp rack ect. it will even out somewhat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.