voltage drops.. when does it get dangerous? (perminently)

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
Just got may SAZ 2kd hooked up today, good install (99% pos) (i did it)

don;'t have my subs of choice for it hooked up yet, so just for today i was runnin an old sony xplode @ 4ohms, so absolutely no more than 500 watts (but the gain was never close to full, probably 66% up.

but i saw voltage drops for the first time. the needle on the dash moved big time, ect. it didn't move more that i guess 2 lines, but it was dropin fo sho.

- being anal because i just got it.... what is dangerously low voltage? when will it damage the amp?

You should never let it go below 12, if you get into the tens you can damage your battery. adding a cap is a good way to keep voltage up, and doing the big three, but if your serious bout car audio get two batterys. for the power cap you should have one farad per 1000 watts

word yeah it definitely didn't drop that low, im guess no less than 13 or mid 12's. yeah i have a 1 farad cap but im not pushing 1k watts. if anything just .5- .65k watts. (with mids and highs added.

i thought caps were do do lol and ppl hated them

yeah i plan on gettin a powermaster d3400 (fits my truck) in the front, and probably another in the back. (if i need it)

and big 3 is already done

id rather just get another batt for the back, not a cap. ive heard so many ppl say things about both, some ppl say they are stupid but local shops say use them with a battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.