Blew my brand new MA sub again within 2 months.

Just blew my third 15 from ma audio, 3rd one in less than 6 months. Ive been running them sealed on less than their rated power and they keep blowing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif Costs me almost 40 bucks each time i blow one to send it back and get a replacement. If im not clipping and im not overpowering, whats the problem? MA audio seems to be ****. Next time ill be buying RE SEs or Type Arghs to run on my M1000.

yep, with 60hz tone and using the chart that was posted. I was probably only getting about 850wrms out of it as i had to turn it down a little more because my electrical cant handle it as of yet. When i was coming home today i heard a pop and they just shut off, checked the load at the amp and it was 1.2 ohms, so i pull one sub out, its fine, and the box is full of smoke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Oddly enough, the sub thats fine is one ive had for almost a year. The one that blew was less than 2 months old. Has no coil rub or anything but the coil reads like .8 i think

You sound surprised. Why would you even buy some junk like that?

I bought them around a year ago originally when i was less educated and on a small budget. I got a good deal on them though, as of now i have about 150$ invested in the pair. Ill probably send this one back and get it replaced, then sell them to someone and let it become their problem. Atleast they have a 2 year warranty.

Also, i have one i run in HT and its completely fine, diff MA sub than these though. I guess ill just put my 4 12"s in for now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i was running them sealed, so i figured no need for SS, am i wrong? They werent bottoming out, i guess they just couldnt handle power. When i removed them from the box it was full of smoke and both were really hot.

Just blew my third 15 from ma audio, 3rd one in less than 6 months. Ive been running them sealed on less than their rated power and they keep blowing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif Costs me almost 40 bucks each time i blow one to send it back and get a replacement. If im not clipping and im not overpowering, whats the problem? MA audio seems to be ****. Next time ill be buying RE SEs or Type Arghs to run on my M1000.

should have just waited and got the resonant engineering or the alpines. instead of going cheap till u got what u wanted. sumtimes waiting will be better in the end as i found out b4.

i was running them sealed, so i figured no need for SS, am i wrong? They werent bottoming out, i guess they just couldnt handle power. When i removed them from the box it was full of smoke and both were really hot.
i never used the ssf in a sealed box or my last box that was tuned to 28Hz and played lower tones. 146.7@25Hz 140.1@20Hz 4 L7 15s never bottomed out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.