1000-1500 Watts @ 1ohm: The Choices

ThumpinLawyer
10+ year member

I am looking to spend between $300-$400 on a brand new mono amp to run my two 4ohm dvc 12" Kicker Solobarics. I do not need my ears to bleed, nor will I be competing. I am simply looking for an amp that will be reliable for years to come.

Without further ado, here are my choices:

1.) Pioneer PRS-D1200SPL

2.) US Amps MD-2D

3.) Arc Audio FD1200.1

4.) Polk Audio PA1200.1

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Sundown SAE-1200d, New for 200.00, You could message Sundownz here on the forum aswell.

For the price its pretty hard to beat.

I have heard of Sundown through this forum and it seems as of many people like the brand. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a Sundown amp, but I guess my question is this:

I have the financial ability to spend more than $200 on an amp. As I have read on here many times, you get what you pay for. If most people agree that Sundown is as good as pricier amps, then I might as well get one. I certainly don't need to throw extra money down the drain. Do you folks think that I shouldn't spend the extra money to purchase one of the pricier amps listed above?

I have heard of Sundown through this forum and it seems as of many people like the brand. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a Sundown amp, but I guess my question is this:
I have the financial ability to spend more than $200 on an amp. As I have read on here many times, you get what you pay for. If most people agree that Sundown is as good as pricier amps, then I might as well get one. I certainly don't need to throw extra money down the drain. Do you folks think that I shouldn't spend the extra money to purchase one of the pricier amps listed above?
Well they were 350.00-300.00 ish back when they were first introduced I believe, They are moving away from that line and doing something else with it.

Amp still comes with warranty (if bought from an authorized deal of course).

It really isnt one of those 200.00 dollar you get what you pay for amplifiers.

It puts out around 1300-1400 on good electrical but the best part is you do not need a 14.4v system to get your money's worth. Amp does rated 1200rms at 12.8v.

US Amps is a good choice too, Though I have not used any of their new 2005+ gear I know the Old School stuff is very underrated and they were built like tanks.

There is a few choices that you can have that are not on your list. Sundown just seems to fit what you are looking for with out spending a load of money even if you can, never hurts to save //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd run the Arc Audio amplifier just to piss the Sundown nut huggers off!
Ah guess I be a nut hugger then.

Also Op, Check out the DAT Hellfire 1000.1 hear pretty good things about that one.

These are pretty good aswell.

Cadence iA7

Alpine PDX.1000.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.