Bought a 300zx today

vellocet
10+ year member

Kang Dang Dang
houston
Using the money that was from the total loss on my 01 galant to purchase a 92 na 2x2 300zx today. Should be in the shop a couple weeks or so being refurbished. Needs some a/c work, a bit of paint work, breaks, tint, one tire, some upholstry work, and a few little detail things like a few new plastic pieces for inside. 8x,xxx miles and belonged to an old lady who was the second owner.

This should be a fun install. Going to put my focal 6.5 k2ps, ssa icon 12, powered by an os rockford (comps), and sundown on the sub. Using my 7100 for a hu. I'm thinking one roll of raamatt should cover the inside. Has the bose speakers, so I'm not sure if I want to try fabbing new enclosures or reinforce the onces that are there, remove the backs on them, and seal the doors (I will most likely try this first).

May stay sealed so I can keep some trunk space, wanted to go ported for more volume, but there should be alot more cabin gain than on my galant (not to mention trunk to hatch).

Mainly just going to focus on a nice clean install. Anyone have any experiece installing in 90's 300zx's?

lucky bastard. i love 300zx's. those and 240s are my favorite cars. you should drop an rb skyline engine in. fvck audio lol. or a j2z

yeah 2+2. I'm not sure if I want to mess with the turbos and stuff now due to the fact I'm still in college. It only cost me 4 grand. Rides like butter, smooth.

It's over at the shop now (I work at a car lot) and I'll go take some pics tomorow. In the sun light the leather looks black, but it's dark blue and so its the carpet. But everthing thats not on the floor is black. Thinking about at least redoing the carpet black. Needs a little tlc, but not a ton. I hope I don't have to get rid of my 12 or park it in the back seat. I really could turn the back seat into a big ass ported box, but that would be a shame. Might as well get some pics before I limo the back and ttops and tint the sides. If working with the trunk space is too much of a pain in the ass, my icon may come up for trade.

I had an 85 Nissan 300zx.

As much as I loved it, I hated it. Ran like a beast for awhile and then bam, shot a rod, lol! They wanted 3400 dollars to fix it.............sat for years in my back yard. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

needs 2 turbos but there pretty sharp rides...2+2 car?
I saw an older TT 300z a for sale few months back for next to nothing and went to look at it. The turbos needed to be rebuilt but that was the least of the problems because the wastegate was blowing off the boost instead of sending it to the engine. Making matters worse, the previous owner riced it out and it would have cost way too much to put it back in order, both looks wise and running properly. I actually felt sorry for that poor car.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Yeah, this was pretty well taken care of by an older lady. Needs a new air compressor. I think the leather may just be faded and the carpet is blue. I purposely avoided all the ones that weren't stock and looked to have belonged to a kid.

Nice car, I worked on my friend's '86 300ZX for a while, installing an amp and etc. Was a bit of a pita, though, as there wasn't an easy spot to go through the firewall, and my friend was unwilling to drill through the wall.

I'm not sure if there's any good places to run my power wires without drilling. I'm going to have a fun time figuring out what to do with the doors. Problem is that I start school again next month, so funds will be somewhat limited. Need to buy a jigsaw.

Thinking of fabbing a big ass baffle out of cutting board and putting it on with non hardening clay, and going over the top of it with rammatt. The bose speaker enclosure is going to leave a good sized hole that has two wire looms that run out of the top corner of it.

Have to go to bed. Will post up some pics, if only cell phone pics, tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.