This Box Good? suggestions thnx

waseem
10+ year member

hi, i am going to be building a box for 2 12" type rs, it has a net volume of 3.112cuft and is tuned to 32.5hz. It is a slot ported box with the port area being 5" x 12.5" with a vent length of 44.5". the box is shown below. winisd shows that port noise does not occur.

is this a good box?

people say to use 2cuft per sub for type rs, but it doesnt make much difference in output (1db difference and .5mm more excursion), so is my volume orite? the subs will be powered by a 1500rms amp

thnx for the help

Sounds about right in my opinion.... I used to run my 4 R15s at 2.75 each. My 2 12s were at about 2.... My R's seemed to really like the 32-38hz range.... i wouldnt tune it crazy low....

Just my .02

Yeah I have to agree as well, I had 2.5ish cubes tuned to 35 Hz each to my two and they had 1600 watts between the pair and they SLAMMED! It took an HDC315-A and 3K watts to top them!

does it really make much difference tho? cos in winisd it doesn't show much, ill have a look if i have 4cuft in my boot

also they will be going into a wagon type car, so do you guys have any suggestions on where to fire the subs/ports? should they fire on an angle or something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.