Sealed box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

thebread
10+ year member

I'm relatively new to car audio. I have a 4ch amp and some aftermarket speakers. However I don't have a sub stage yet and I'm looking into it right now. I plan on getting an IDQv2 12". I want a SQ sub and that seems to fit the bill. I've been looking around for specs on the box best suited for it. I also plan on making the box(sealed). The dimensions I plan on using are 20" wide, 16" tall, a top depth of 7.125" and a bottom depth of 8.125". I'm looking for an end result of about .88ft^3. The speaker displacement is .07 ft^3. With those dimensions I end up with around .88ft^3 net. But I don't think I'm accounting for the 3/4" MDF. Can someone tell me what exactly I need to do before designing my box.

Thanks.

Sorry for wall of text...

How do you figure?
I did me some Maths //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(Length - 1.5) * (Width - 1.5) * (Height - 1.5) = Volume / 1728 = Cubic Feet

it would be a lot easier to build if you made it a straight rectangle. no angle cuts to worry about making and sealing it up good would be a snap.

it would be a lot easier to build if you made it a straight rectangle. no angle cuts to worry about making and sealing it up good would be a snap.
Oops... reading > me. I didn't notice the 4th measurement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Yeah, I was thinking that myself, and was just going to make 1 depth of 7.625 as opposed to the wedge design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.