T-Line box for a Fi Bl 12

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well this is the first transmission line box i've ever built.. I read the tutorial yesterday on how to build one and didn't think it was that hard, so i built this one this morning in my spare time. Took about 2 hours to cut and assemble the box.. After getting it done i put it in a chevy s-10 blazer, with some kind of off brand amp pushing only about 300-400 (sad but that's all he had. Haha..). And with that little power running to it, everything flexes in his truck, and it's loud from 25hz all the way up to 60hz.. I'm very impressed with t-line boxes, and i find them easier to build than just regular ported box.. Haha..

Specs:

Fs of a D1 Fi Bl is 35.2

Box "port" is exactly 8.07 feet long with 78 square inches of constant port

The sub is inverted because the port is only 6 inches deep and the Fi has a mounting depth of 6.75". Doesn't hurt anything, just makes the box look sexier. Haha.. Now all he needs is to get an amp that'd do 700~900 at 2 ohms.. Does the Kenwood 9104D seem like good amp to get that kind of power out of?

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

32 ounce drink just chilllin in the port.. Haha..

DSC00505.jpg

Tell me what y'all think....

I am no expert, so I will say looks good........just baffled at why you think that would be easier than a ported box, when it looks essentially like a ported box, just an extra piece of wood and more 45's......Maybe I am missing something.

I am no expert, so I will say looks good........just baffled at why you think that would be easier than a ported box, when it looks essentially like a ported box, just an extra piece of wood and more 45's......Maybe I am missing something.
The math for figuring a t-line box is a lot easier than a regular ported box IMO. The only downside of a t-line is the massive size you have to build one for it to be tuned to the Fs of your particular speaker. The only thing that saved me from making this box ungodly big is that the Fs is 35.2, instead of something like 26hz or so, which would have made the box a lot bigger..

you dont need as much power in a tline
nice work!
Yeah.. That's what i've heard, but 300 just ain't cutting it with this sub.. I'm gonna say 7-800 will fit it perfect in this box. It's just begging for more. Haha.

And I'll get videos the beginning of next week because i'm leaving for 5 days, and the kid that owns the blazer won't be back till monday either. With just that little amount of wattage it tipped over a full 44oz cup on the roof (water in it so don't worry. lol). And the back hatch rattles like a mofo. I would predict it to do a 138 or 139 on the TL. Hopefully it gets quite a bit louder with the little extra watts that'll be added in another couple weeks.. I love this box so far, and I'm a big believer of the efficiency of a T-Line..

Great construction. Very professional looking. Vids.
Thanks. This is about the 20-30th box i've built, but this one i used a circular saw and jigsaw with no straight edges. I really wanted to make this box look good since it won't be covered. And i drew out the ports on top so i could see where i was screwing into, and it shows people how the box is actually made.

You said you read a tutorial on how to design a t-line box. Mind linking where you found this guide? I understand the concept, I'm just not sure where to go about finding quarter wave frequency lengths and such and other little details.

You said you read a tutorial on how to design a t-line box. Mind linking where you found this guide? I understand the concept, I'm just not sure where to go about finding quarter wave frequency lengths and such and other little details.
Sure thing.. It's all in the first post and even tho the pics are all gone by now, it's not hard to understand. I'd have a piece of paper beside me and go throught the steps as you read.. Makes it a lot easier to understand..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1828

looks awesome, allthough it looks like u got excited and splooged on ur drill in the last pic lol
Hey, don't be hatin on the free 16.8 volt craftsman drill i have. Haha.. It might have a lot of white paint on it, but who cares if it's free...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.