I got PWND at local stereo shop

ls2poweredgoat
5,000+ posts

Womanizer
So I find an add on CL, for a local stereo shop looking to hire.

Of course, I get excited, and shoot them a call. I talk with the main sales dude for a few minutes, tell him my experience, about my system, etc. He tells me to come down so he can check it out.

So, I get there, talk with the guy, pop my trunk and he was REALLY impressed with how clean the install is (you fellas haven't seen the new set-up yet). So he wants to hear it (I'm running two way active), he was very impressed with how well it sounded.

Not even 2 minutes later, he asked if I wanted to work. I said sure why not, so a 2005-2008 Honda minivan pulls in, lady wants a ipod interface hooked up to factor stereo. OK, no biggie.

The guy hands me all the wire harnesses (a total of four, value well north of $150), and tells me either which one of the cables is the right one. So, I stare at the dash for a few minutes, trying to figure out how to take it apart. I start, and realize it's actually pretty easy, much easier than what I thought it would be to take apart.

I get the radio out, un-plug everything, and I take the wiring harnesses out of the packaging. So I open one of them, and of course, I walk away for a minute and I LOST IT. $60 wiring harness, I'm FREAKING out. We looked for half hour, then tried the other one, which would take away the XM (ipod interface either ran through CD changer or XM, we had to use the latter, since I lost the first one).

****!

Guy is really stressed, it's hot as balls outside, and this lady is waiting. So we finally figure it out, he tells me it's always a PITA to get this **** to work in factory set-ups.

So of course, I look at him and ask what's next, what's gonna happen to me. He asks me to pay for the wiring harness, because I did **** up, and it's the right thing to do.

The guy seemed pretty cool with the entire situation. He told me, "Look, go to the bank and get $60, I'll take the hit". He told me if I would have taken the hit, my chance of getting hired would be out the door, obviously. He was pretty cool about it, thankfully, and told me straight up he was impressed with my "skills" and how my system sounded, and thought I'd make a good installer. Hence the reason he took the hit, because he is sick of customers *****ing about half assed installs, and I took apart a $40k van and didn't break ****. So I went to the bank and got the $60, gave it to him, and he took care of it.

So everything gets installed, it slows down a little (I was supposed to work until 6 tonight).

I talk to one of the owners (never met the actual owner), and she wanted to hear my "system".

So I pop the trunk, show her my install, and she's very impressed. She gets in, and I give her a demo too. She was very impressed too, and told me she wanted to owner to hear it and check it out.

Owner had to leave to do a home theater install, and wouldn't be back until later.

I gave them my number and she said she would have the owner call me, so we can "discuss" what's going to happen, if I'm going to get hired, etc. I told them if they don't call me I plan on stopping by tomorrow, which she said was not a problem.

Basically, I got PWND.

Does anyone think they will call me back? They are super desperate for installers right now. I'm on the fence, I'm not sure if they will or not.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

good story //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

How the hell did you lose the wiring harness?

good story //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
How the hell did you lose the wiring harness?
IDK dude, I still can't figure it out. I went from the van to the install bay to get a screw driver, and bam it was gone. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I'm notorious for losing ****, it's an every day thing for me.

if they told you they were impressed with your skills and you talked to an owner or two, id say you'll probably get hired.

If you couldn't install for sh*t but didn't loose the harness do you think they would have hired you then?

IDK dude, I still can't figure it out. I went from the van to the install bay to get a screw driver, and bam it was gone. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
I'm notorious for losing ****, it's an every day thing for me.
You will probably want to check the toolbox of the guy you gave the $60 to.

That's fingy initiation 101. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well if the guy was cool and took the hit for you with losing the harness they you should be fine, it's not like you actually ****ed something up, just made a simple mistake.

I dont see the Ownage?
I'm an idiot for losing something, that's the ownage mang.

Like I said I'm ALWAYS losing ****, especially tools, it's something I need to work on. I get some anxious sometimes I just can't think straight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.