What types of pliers can be used besides crimping pliers to crimp the wire harness?

regular pliers work fine. if you want it to look decent get a small nail or screwdriver in the crease where the parts of the terminal meet. then just crimp them with the nail in place and done.

vice grips work well, theyre what i use for crimping 8 awg and bigger and they work good, theres a technique to it though. Walmart sells klein knockoff crimpers for like 6$ last time i checked, in the home improvement area with the house outlets and ****.

vice grips work well, theyre what i use for crimping 8 awg and bigger and they work good, theres a technique to it though.
For 8awg and bigger, I use a small hammer. There's definitely a technique to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For 8awg and bigger, I use a small hammer. There's definitely a technique to it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Hammer works well too, i try to sort of get one side of the terminal under the other side, then "wrap" it around the wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.