Just got a Blue Lexus IS-F, will it fade?

phildapimp89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL
Just bought an Ultrasonic Blue 2008 Lexus IS-F. The car is immactulate and has no paint damage whatsoever. It has a clear bra on the front, but it's constantly under sun exposure during the summer, since our garage is full.

Do you think leaving it out in the sun (Chicago, Illinois) is going to do some damage to the paint? I don't want to put a cover on the car and look like a jackass, but I want to keep this car as nice as possible considering its the first car I ever bought.

4956_119998605812_699250812_3186449_1293897_n.jpg

make sure u always wash it and armoral it and it will be fine. i have done that to my 98 ford and it only has like 5 places where the paints cracked over 11 years of the sun on it

Nice car. Make sure you treat it right. Wax is an old-fashioned method that has been outdated by products that provide much better protection. Most waxes have a melting point of right around 150 degrees and provide little protection when they start to melt. I'm sure you've noticed how hot your car can get in the summer!

Use a paint sealant instead. It's more expensive and can't be found in automotive stores, but it's worth it. It will easily last you all summer and fall, and it looks beautiful on those types of paints.

I use Klasse high-gloss sealant from http://www.topoftheline.com, if you'd like a recommendation. Oh, and don't let me catch you using armour-all products //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just bought an Ultrasonic Blue 2008 Lexus IS-F. The car is immactulate and has no paint damage whatsoever. It has a clear bra on the front, but it's constantly under sun exposure during the summer, since our garage is full.

nice car. ive always wanted one of those.

what are u 2 years old?

nice car. ive always wanted one of those.

what are u 2 years old?
yes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What do they use on the roads over there in the winter for de-icing?
Some salt compound I'm not sure. The car will be sitting in the garage in the winter since I'll be at school.

I'm looking into that Klasse Sealant, I've read good reviews. Thanks for the suggestion.

Some salt compound I'm not sure. The car will be sitting in the garage in the winter since I'll be at school.

I'm looking into that Klasse Sealant, I've read good reviews. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thats good, I heard horror stories about how fast cars get ate up back east.

yes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
GENIUS! 2 years old and can already use a computer on his own. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

phildapimp89

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
phildapimp89
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date