JVC Arsenal KD-AHD59

For what you pay for it, its a good unit. Not as user friendly of a unit as others. But anyone that is serious about car audio will be able to figure it out. The EQ on that one is kinda stupid how you adjust it. First you have to set it to user, then you have to go into another menu from the clock screen to actually adjust the user settings. They could have thought out the layout a little better. But mechanically, and electrically, it is just as good as its comperable Kenwood and Alpine models.

For what you pay for it, its a good unit. Not as user friendly of a unit as others. But anyone that is serious about car audio will be able to figure it out. The EQ on that one is kinda stupid how you adjust it. First you have to set it to user, then you have to go into another menu from the clock screen to actually adjust the user settings. They could have thought out the layout a little better. But mechanically, and electrically, it is just as good as its comperable Kenwood and Alpine models.

Thanks for the reply's. Thats what ive heard as well about the controls, and thats why I wanted to to hear from people with hands on experience. Would I be better off getting a head unit with out the HD radio built in? Is there a negative effect of having HD radio built in? I was also looking at this Kenwood http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX493/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X493.html?tp=5684 which has alot of the same options, but no HD radio.

I just installed this deck (the JVC) in my Wrangler and after two days of use I'm not sure if I like it or not. The USB portion works well and it will power a harddrive although you are limited to 255 folders. But the tuner kinda *****. If it can't pull in the HD signal it reverts back to analog. Unfortunately the tuner seems very weak so many of the stations revert back to analog or worse, they keep cycling between the HD and analog station causing an annoying echo. The unit feels well built and sounds okay (it's in a Wrangler so the SQ of any unit is questionable). The color adustability is pretty **** cool and the menu's are really easy to use. I also enjoy the iTunes tagging feature. I'm 40 and figured it out pretty easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.