price of a w7

untouchables

Im buying a 12 w7 from a reliable friend and i have had experience with this sub and it sounds good

he is getting a new system and i am going to buy his sub

the thing is it has a small crack in it from one of his school books

he is selling it to me for 300 without the crack being fixed

is that a decent price or not?

how does the crack affect it?

Where is the crack..? You can always get it re-coned.. ..for a fee.. But depending on the circumstances.. I think it would be a good deal.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

its on the surface like where the inner circle not like the outside but where it says w7

its not very big like 1/2 inch

the box will come with it

how much to fix it?

do i need to?

is the sub warrantied or no? if it is tell him youll pay him 300 and whatever it costs to ship it back to JL audio to fix it.

I believe that the "cone" part that has the W7 logo on it actually is not the real cone.

I believe that it just covers the REAL cone under that. The sleek looking one on top is

just there to make it look pretty. I dont think it will affect performance if this is true.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Will

I believe that the "cone" part that has the W7 logo on it actually is not the real cone.I believe that it just covers the REAL cone under that. The sleek looking one on top is

just there to make it look pretty. I dont think it will affect performance if this is true.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Will
I believe you are correct on that one. The "cone" you see is actually just a big dustcap and the real cone is underneath. But if there is a hole in the dustcap i believe that would still affect the performace.

I believe you are correct on that one. The "cone" you see is actually just a big dustcap and the real cone is underneath. But if there is a hole in the dustcap i believe that would still affect the performace.
I saw one on Ebay for sale and part of the w7 "cone" was torn and you could see the rest. I believe there was a dustcap in the center of the REAL cone under there too. I think it is a good buy. If you are really worried, I would call JL and ask them about it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/titanic.gif.8089b7552c370bcc138aa121756d0c0b.gif

Will

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.