Bobtista Not Responding

rgplayer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello just wanted to make this public. I recently traded bobtista my audioque hdc3 18 that was in perfect working condition for his lanzar opti2000d that was suppose to be also in perfect condition just had been repaired. Well I got the lanzar and it comes on but past half gain it doesn't get any louder and with the dmm only measures 13.8 volts on the speaker terminals past half gain. At half gain it measures around 25 volts but is still nowhere near enough power and is not even close to this things original output. I am wanting to trade back my sub or have him trade me an amp of equal power thats new. I am willing to ship this lanzar back also. He is not responding to my messages yet but hopefully will tm. He may or may not have known this amp was messed up but either way I need either a new amp or my sub back. Here is the link to the original thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410640 Thanks

Seems like a bad situation! Of course he probably didn't know that (not saying it's right though). And, how would he know if the amp IS actually putting out full power or not? To him, he could believe that you are just unsatisfied with the power the amp is putting out and just want your equipment back to go with a different amp!

Best of luck to both you guys though!!!!

And how long has it been since he "hasn't responded back" to you??!?!

V.

Yes it puts out like 28 volts at half gain and when you turn it up any more it drops to 13.8 the input voltage. Idk whats wrong with it, but I am giving him a chance to respond just wanted to make this public. And he can test it with a dmm if there is any questions. I don't have one at home I used the schools or I could post pics of it. No I wanted this amp in the first place, but I thought it worked properly and he said it did but something could have happened during shipping is what he said. He said he could trade me a crunch 1500 but its not really worth the 18 I traded him but he also said he could get me an audiopipe 1800 but I would have to add 100. Someone on here said he may have known it was messed up and thats why he traded so quickly. Now i'm not accusing at all cuz I don't think he would have done this on purpose but I don't want to be stuck with another broke amp. If he could get me the same amp but like new condition and putting out the correct power I would be happy with that.

you really need to chill out. you text me around 40 times every day and i respond 99% of the time but when you text me at 10 and 11pm when i'm trying to spend time with my family i'm not going to respond. car audio doesnt rule every second of my life. Ive given you every oportunity to sort this out. i offered numerous other amps for trade and offered to fix the amp for free if youd ship it back to me. I had no idea there was anything wrong with the amp because you said it yourself it powers on and will run perfect up to half gain. i chose not to excede that because i like clean power so i wasnt aware that it supposedly drops off after half gain. also, you havent even tested the amp in a real world application to verify that it is bad.

i'd like to add that number 1: ive responded to every text except the ones from 10:19pm to 11pm because i was with my girlfriend, and number 2: i sent you a video of the amp driving a sub the day i shipped it out because you asked me to, andddd number 3: ive never used a dmm to set gains so how would i have known it was bad if it is in fact bad?

...and i really dont appreciate you making me out to be some kind of bad person insinuating i knew the amp was bad, when ive made every effort to help you out in the situation.

Im not mad so I apologize if I came off that way. But yes I have tested this in my friends car but thought it was small wire that was causing this. And the only reason I posted this was to make it public. But do you want to get me another amp like this one or one that puts out the same power or send my sub back. I do text alot because sometimes if you don't respond in like 30 mins I figure you didn't get it. I apologize if I bothered you while you were spending time with your family.

ive told you on multiple occasions if you ship it here i will have ampjunkielikeme off of here fix it for you. i'm not going to pay you money to have it sent off when i am personal friends with a person who fixes amps every day for people off of this forum. He's already agreed to fix it, but if it will make you feel better ill get him to pm you and tell you himself.

I know he said he would be he told me he has already fixed it before, and it appears he does a good job but im afraid that he may fix it for now but later on something else might fail on it then cost me more money to get it fixed again. Maybe we just need to trade back because its becoming more trouble than its worth and I don't want to offend anyone on here because of all this. I do apologize if I have offended you in any way.

i've offered to fix the amp despite the fact that i took a video of the amp in working condition the day it was shipped, which I think is pretty nice. That would be the most logical solution to the problem. if you decide you dont want the amp fixed and you'd rather have your sub back we can do that, but i'm not going to pay to ship your 65lb 18" back to you when ive given you the oportunity to get the amp fixed for FREE. you traded me because you wanted a working lanzar opti2000d and that is what i am attempting to give you.

Well I just feel like its not worth all the trouble to get it fixed then have to worry about something else failing on it down the road. So if we just trade back we would both know that we weren't getting ripped. Plus you said you could sell this lanzar for 200 easily so when you get it back you could just sell it and buy another 18. Because I can't an extra 100 dollars to get a different amp. But if you don't pay the shipping that means I would be out like 200. I don't think thats very fair. I don't think i should have to send it back to get it fixed since it was supposed to be 100% working anyways thats not too fair for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

rgplayer

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
rgplayer
Oneida, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies