Post your Alpine CDA-9887 dislikes..

CJL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
oZone
Thinking about getting a Alpine 9887 and I was wondering what are the cons of it.

My main source of music will be from my ipod so,ipod playback is epic uber important,how is its interface?

A couple things ive read was that,you cant go pick a different playlist,artist,song,ect while shuffle is on(ipod src) and another one was you cannont control sub options(level,phase,ect) with multieq on.

?

I got used to it.

It was confusing at first, but once you sat down and learned it, it was easy to use.

A tad slow, but it didn't bother me all that much.

I loved it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

really?..that^ *****
also no individual l/r eq:(
The Pioneer Premeir DEH-P800PRS has independent L/R control with it's 16 band graphic eq and it's crossover (3 way or 2 way). You can get a pretty good deal on one if you shop around. The DEH-P880PRS is almost the same unit except the face is silver instead of black and it does not have a copper plated chassis like the 800.

The Pioneer Premeir DEH-P800PRS has independent L/R control with it's 16 band graphic eq and it's crossover (3 way or 2 way). You can get a pretty good deal on one if you shop around. The DEH-P880PRS is almost the same unit except the face is silver instead of black and it does not have a copper plated chassis like the 800.
I wanna PRS:(

my only complaint about either unit is that neither is in my vehicle....

I wanna PRS:(

my only complaint about either unit is that neither is in my vehicle....
I used to use an Alpine CDA-9855. I was very skeptical to change brands. I finally did it and I don't think I'll ever go back. It's a great deck. The guy at a local place tried to sell me his display of the 880 because he knew the 800 was coming out and wanted to get it in his wall. I really wanted the 800 because of the black faceplate and the copper plated chassis. I ended up getting it from 6ave.com through amazon.com. I got a great price on it and receipt from an authorized dealer. I figured I couldn't beat that. The lowest price I could find was only like $10 bucks cheaper and wasn't from an authorized dealer.

I used to use an Alpine CDA-9855. I was very skeptical to change brands. I finally did it and I don't think I'll ever go back. It's a great deck. The guy at a local place tried to sell me his display of the 880 because he knew the 800 was coming out and wanted to get it in his wall. I really wanted the 800 because of the black faceplate and the copper plated chassis. I ended up getting it from 6ave.com through amazon.com. I got a great price on it and receipt from an authorized dealer. I figured I couldn't beat that. The lowest price I could find was only like $10 bucks cheaper and wasn't from an authorized dealer.
after having my pioneer and playing with all the rest, I will never use anybody else until they make some serious improvements with the interface

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.