Wiring a speaker

5.7RAM
10+ year member

IL
ok, so I picked up theses speakers when I bought a headunit off someone and he threw them in for free. Ive had aftermarket speakers in my car before but im not sure how to wire these. Should I wire them like a DVC sub to 4ohms or something? Im kinda stumped lol.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

KFC-HQ165

kdrds2.jpg

Those speakers are going im my 90 Lincoln Mark VII //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

MarkVII049.jpg

just put + to + and - to -
whats there to be stumped about? it's speaker, not a dvc sub.
Yes, but on this speaker it has 2+'s and 2 -'s. So your saying just go from the top positive to the bottom positive to the HU wire?

Thats where im cornfused!!

No, im on fordvschevy and a couple others....is there a mark vii forum on tccoa?

The top pair in the picture go to the tweeter. You can see the wire being run under the sticker and also in the diagram.

http://kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/Global/Consumer/Manuals/kfc-hq165.pdf

They probably should not be run without a crossover. I am guessing that the tweeter and woofer are 8ohm each so that when run though the crossover in parallel gives a 4ohm load. The best way to check this would be to use a DMM though, and verify that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.