Explorer is sagging help

It could just be blown shocks or you just need stiffer shocks.
(traditional) Shocks don't support the weight of a vehicle, they dampen movement.

Springs/ airspring (airshocks, etc)/ Torsion bars support the weight of a vehicle and set ride height.

So yea, replace the leaf springs.. perhaps get a set with an extra leaf (if they make that?.. I know it's an option on newer trucks..), or try a set of bolt on air shocks to help with the load.

Or lower the front like the one guy said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

you could either lower the front end or add another or two leaf springs to the back to level it out or it you got 2wd you could just do a full air ride system or just put bags in the back

No fat chicks. That will solve the problem.

You can get and add-a-leaf kit for the rear or you can get some overload airbags (Firestone makes them). With the overload bags you can just air up the rear until it sits level.

Air shocks **** and the handling can be unsafe. Aviod them.

saggy leaf springs are super prevalent on explorers in my experience. mine does the same. its a simple fix if you're at all mechanically inclined.

go to the junk yard, and pull off a set of leaf springs off a low mileage explorer. done deal.

if you have a explorer sport with the mono leaf setup, you can also just do the same as above, because the multi-leaf off the 4 door trucks fits just fine. done listen to anyone who says you need shocks.

springs hold the vehicle weight.

shocks dampen the springs oscillations.

are yer leafs on the top of the axle? if so u can just add lift blocks and make up the difference. other than that, the air shocks would be easy to install too and not half ass permanent like the blocks would.
Explorer's are spring under, meaning the springs run under the axle tubes.

How bad is it sagging? 89 to 98 Chevy truck lowering shackles will actually raise an Explorer about 1 1/2 inches, it's a popular fix for sagging Ford Ranger's and Expo's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.