Got My New Subs!!!!!

johntheradioman
10+ year member

ohio
So this is pretty hilarious!

i had 2 RE SE12's running at 1 ohm pushing 1000w to each.. BAD IDEA and i blew both of them up after i ajusted my amp..so i decided to go online to usamps.com and order a new pair of SX12's

i ordered the new pair and they arrived yesturday in a fedex truck, i thanked the fedex man and signed the screen. came inside opened up my box and decided i was going to wait until later to install them so i walk out my door going outside to go to town and get gas.

well i pull out of my driveway and look at the intersection by my house (BAD INTERSECTION) and there were 2 state troopers and i was like ohhh just another wreck right. Well as i got closer to the cloverleaf i saw it. The same fedex truck was 200 yards on the other side of the intersection and a 2009 silverado's front end was smashed in 2 feet.

the fedex truck had spun 2 loops and was in a ditch backwards getting pulled out by a wrecker and the couple in the silverado were talking on their cell phones! all i can say is THANK GOD my new subs got here ok! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well i got a dude who works at this professional audio shop he is a genius

and well i decided to listen to him when he said there is no such thing as overpowering a sub you just have to give them time to cool down, i guess we overpowered it because 5 min after we adjusted the amp they blew

haha he already knows.. ima take my new SX's in and get them mic'd next week

those SE's hit 142.2

he has 2 Memphis MC1.4000 pushing 2 SPLX-15's pushing 154 flat

well i got a dude who works at this professional audio shop he is a geniusand well i decided to listen to him when he said there is no such thing as overpowering a sub you just have to give them time to cool down, i guess we overpowered it because 5 min after we adjusted the amp they blew
i know who'd be buying my new subs.

well i got a dude who works at this professional audio shop he is a geniusand well i decided to listen to him when he said there is no such thing as overpowering a sub you just have to give them time to cool down, i guess we overpowered it because 5 min after we adjusted the amp they blew
Define "Professional audio shop" and "genius". Guy that gave me a lot of info told me it's more about tuning the whole system than giving it more power than it's supposed to handle.

They're only rated at 600 rms.....why can't people follow directions instead of pushing their limits?????????????

dude, they're not that special. why not see how much they can handle? i gave my rd audio heavyweight 18 4k, and it blew up, and i was following directions (rated for more, actually) so why don't u listen to this guys cool story,instead of ***** about stupid stuff.

to the op, i thought it was a really cool story, thank god your subs didnt get destroyed along the way!

professional like they have been in town for 11 years he has managed it for the last 11 and he has been in audio since he was 19 he is 34

they are certified memphis and soundstream dealers

and i wouldnt make him pay for it he gives me so much

he mic's my **** for free adjusts it for free

gets me discounts.. he got me the alpine 9886 hu for $200 thats like a $350 hu

So this is pretty hilarious!i had 2 RE SE12's running at 1 ohm pushing 1000w to each.. BAD IDEA and i blew both of them up after i ajusted my amp..so i decided to go online to usamps.com and order a new pair of SX12's

i ordered the new pair and they arrived yesturday in a fedex truck, i thanked the fedex man and signed the screen. came inside opened up my box and decided i was going to wait until later to install them so i walk out my door going outside to go to town and get gas.

well i pull out of my driveway and look at the intersection by my house (BAD INTERSECTION) and there were 2 state troopers and i was like ohhh just another wreck right. Well as i got closer to the cloverleaf i saw it. The same fedex truck was 200 yards on the other side of the intersection and a 2009 silverado's front end was smashed in 2 feet.

the fedex truck had spun 2 loops and was in a ditch backwards getting pulled out by a wrecker and the couple in the silverado were talking on their cell phones! all i can say is THANK GOD my new subs got here ok! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Wowwie! that is hilarious! you know what would be great? if you left and never returned. take it easy. werd to your father.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

johntheradioman

10+ year member
johntheradioman
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from