SPS-600 - Alpine Type-S 6-1/2"

srmd22
10+ year member

Boston
I was gonna throw a pair of these in the back of my 350z for fillers, since the speakers back there are hugh POS's.

I know they are not the greatest, but I think they will be an improvement, and since I have a new pair laying around (never used for another project), I figured why not.

Has anyone used these, are they ok?

I have those sps-600 in an 02' SENTRA.They must be amped to get the most out of them.I have 4 type "S" amped by an Alpine F 450-4 channel anp. The amp produces 70 rms @ 4 ohms ,100 rms @ 2 ohms.Combine that w/2 JL 12w3-3-4 wired for 2 ohms in a vented box with an Alpine 9856 H.U. and a Alpine 650 M monoblock sub amp producing 600 rms @ 2 ohms.You need more than deck power to make those TYPE "S" perform 100%.. My Altima is all Alpine PDX..1000.1and 4x150 and type "R" co-ax,comps and 12" "R" subs w/a 9847 Alpine HU.Nothing wrong with amped rear fill.Why cheat yourself?Alpine50................

I run 150 watts per speaker to a pair of Rainbow comps and there is absolutely no need for a rear fill in my z...

I ran these speakers in my sister's WRX for a while and they sounded great considering the price.

I run 150 watts per speaker to a pair of Rainbow comps and there is absolutely no need for a rear fill in my z...I ran these speakers in my sister's WRX for a while and they sounded great considering the price.
Which Rainbows and do you like them? I am looking at Rainbow Vanadium Comps, and Dynaudios.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.