get rid of the XXX for a ???

slowsupratt
10+ year member

Anaheim
Well I have a 12" new style XXX in a selaed enclosure thats appox 1.5 cube ft. It's currently being powered by a Hifonics 2006D amp. I'm not very happy with the sub as the lows sounds pretty good but the Higher frequencies sound like crap. I'm not sure if it's the sub or not. I want to pick up another sub that would do well all around in a 1.5 cube ft sealed box with 1,600ish rms at 1ohm. What are peoples suggestions. The car rest of the components in the car are Focal utopias and McIntosh.

get a w7 13 in a ported box if oyur sub in a ported box doesnt sound really good on higher bass or as other person said update to 7in focal midbasses

also utopia miods $2-$4k worth of mids but you have a $300 amp pushing the sub? way to splurge on the low end the end your having probs with

Make sure your crossover points do not overlap to much and be sure you are in phase if they do. I cross my mids and subs at 100hz with a 12db/octave slope. I also have a setting where the sub/mids are at 80hz with a 6db/octave slope to tame a peaky responce around the 100hz end. You need to play around with the settings, playing a lot of test songs don't be afraid to flip phase to make sure it sounds right. Tweak Tweak Tweak.......

Polo.

What's wrong with Hifonics? I know I have a bunch of high end gear except for the sub amp, but that shouldn't be the problem. I tried messing with tunning but I'll look into that again.

Don't know if this helps but here is the box the set-up...The top part doesn't have the cover so you can see everything better.

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

viper2.jpg
viper1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slowsupratt

10+ year member
slowsupratt
Anaheim
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from