ya know... i dont know if i like a front stage..

Etac
10+ year member

Angry Bunny Killer
Jersey
ok after doing my car over again and again, trying to do everything by the book.. i've just come to the conclusion.. i dont like a front stage..

now im sure this is very car dependent. but in my car at least, no matter where i try to put the tweeter.. Kicks, A-Pillar, Mirror Triangles, it just doesnt seem right.

now the main problem is the driver side tweeter, as im sure some of you know.. but the way my car is, having the tweeter in any of those positions, makes it seem like the left speaker is playing almost directly in front of me. while the passanger side, sounds like its coming to the right of me (obviously since this is how its set up)

but no matter what i did, the differences in direction.. just never sounded right to me, so i was just messing around, and i moved the tweeters back.. alot... kinda in the middle of my door (probaly slightly more foward than that)

sure its not how everyone says it should be, and it isnt right.. but im just posting this cause maybe some of you feel the same way about having the tweeters in the kicks, pillars ect... but now both speakers seem like they come from the same direction.. the right speaker sounds like its playing to the right of me, the left speaker sounds like its playing to the left of me.

and ya know what, i love it...

im sure im gonna get flamed for this.

I dont know what you mean by saying you hate a front stage.

Tweeter position... who knows? Tweeter postion/angle/pathlength is extremely important to over all results. Some work best on axis, some work best off axis. And there's the possibility the speaker giving away its presence is due to a poor EQ or atenuation setting. Or simply that your speakers themselves aren't capable of your demands.

Are you saying you dont have the left and right tweeters mounted symmetrically?

well when i say front stage.. i cant get the music to seem like both speakers are playing equal distance away from me.. i've rta'd my speakers.. and got dual 30 band eq..

they arent like at a 90 degree angle from me... but they're closer to that then to the kicks or similar...

im just saying that in my car at least.. a front stage is almost impossible.. this achieves a more balanced result.. but its more like wearing headphones, rather then playing in front of you

no my current HU doesnt have it, but t/a doesnt fix directionally really.. it can *help* but doesnt eliminate it.

and thats really more on a mono signal.

What have you been using for test music?

And there are people that prefer mono - I've heard stranger things //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

maybe you should do something a little less complex then. perhaps one mid per side and one tweeter per side. if they are quality it will sound great. if not it will show

imo there is too much going on, especially for some sq

vc100's atm, i had Cal 25's but blew one, reguardless they sound fine.. its where they sound like they're coming from, not the sound they make.

but like i said a couple times, i think alot of this has to do with my car itself...

vc100's atm, i had Cal 25's but blew one, reguardless they sound fine.. its where they sound like they're coming from, not the sound they make.
but like i said a couple times, i think alot of this has to do with my car itself...
thats an ignorant statement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.