Sign in to follow this  
Magnatus

09 CDTs question with amp

going with

http://vertexaudio.com/store/pc/CDT-Audio-CL-61i-6-5-Component-Set-30p7.htm

and i am getting a free visiontek v4208 150RMSx4 channel susposly, for free from my father in law so would these speakers be a great match since their 150rms?

Does that include tweeters being 150rms or just the 6.5's?

Great place to buy them.

That means the set is 150 rms. The power is distributed by the crossover.

Ohhh i see so if that amp is 150rms X 4

then isnt the amp way too powerfull?

You can use the front 2 channels on the 2 speaker sets. Or bridge the amp and run 150-180 watts on em.

**** im a noob so kinda that makes some sense

if i have a Audioque 1200D for my tc9 subwoofer and have this other amp hooked up to same battery will that make me dimm more likely than just the AQ? i can see two subwoofer amps to same battery making it very bad but a speaker amp and a subamp doesnt seem so bad to me with big 3 mod,

Adding another 300 watts shouldn't hurt you much.

gotcha so basicaly bridging the amp (4) channel amp reduces the channel in half which makes it 2 channels of 150RMS each

your sayign 1 channel going to my two 6.5's which split 150rms

and the other channel goes to my two tweeters which split 150rms

is that the basic idea or im i not even close :)

thank u for ur help by the way i apreciate it

gotcha so basicaly bridging the amp (4) channel amp reduces the channel in half which makes it 2 channels of 150RMS each

your sayign 1 channel going to my two 6.5's which split 150rms

and the other channel goes to my two tweeters which split 150rms

is that the basic idea or im i not even close :)

thank u for ur help by the way i apreciate it

If the amp is able to bridge its channels, yes it will combine the channels. But it should put out closer to 500 watts per channel then. Have to set the gains accordingly.

No the tweeter and mid are connected to the crossover. You send the power to your crossover which divides the power between mid and tweeter.

You can use the front 2 channels on the 2 speaker sets. Or bridge the amp and run 150-180 watts on em.

should i tell me friend to just bridge it when he hooks it up and keep gains all the way down on everything?

should i tell me friend to just bridge it when he hooks it up and keep gains all the way down on everything?

Ya bridge it and set the gains with a dmm

DMM?

and my friend said theirs these splicer things that go on your battery a seperate wire from battery to Speaker amp and another splicer wire from battery to Sub amp is that correct?

It doesn't matter. Both amps need to be connected to the battery somehow. You shouldn't be splicing anything.

DMM=Digital Multimeter. Very needed tool.

Anywhere from $1.99 to $199.

Does your amp do 150x4 at 4 ohm or 2 ohm?

those are actual specs, alot more then 150 =/

u sure it will still work and not blow my new speakers if i have gains all the way down =[

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 250 W x 4

RMS Power at 2 Ohms 360 W x 4

those are actual specs, alot more then 150 =/

u sure it will still work and not blow my new speakers if i have gains all the way down =[

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 250 W x 4

RMS Power at 2 Ohms 360 W x 4

With that much power, you might want to run 2 channels on the fronts, and leave 2 channels for the rears. 250w per channel is plenty of power, don't even need to bridge the channels unless you have a set that can handle more power. Email Vertex and see if they can recommend you a CDT that can handle more.

already bought the cd 61i

Well just the 6.5 componenet set u mean run 2 channels to two tweeters and other two to the 6.5's?

and i can just screw them in my door and the 6.5 should sound good still right

already bought the cd 61i

Well just the 6.5 componenet set u mean run 2 channels to two tweeters and other two to the 6.5's?

and i can just screw them in my door and the 6.5 should sound good still right

No you don't seperate the tweeters from the woofers. Each set is 1 complete kit. 1 channel runs 1 set(tweeter+woofer).

So if you're using those comps, I'd either run 2 of the 4 channels on those comps or bridge the 4 channels into 2 and run them with a low gain set. Both ways will get you the same results, but the first option will leave you with 2 empty channels for more speakers.

Make sense?

ohhh ok i see, what if i ran the other two channels to my stock 6x9 in the back of my 98 chevy would they blow right away

ohhh ok i see, what if i ran the other two channels to my stock 6x9 in the back of my 98 chevy would they blow right away

That's an option for sure. I would choose that route, maybe even replace those 6x9's with something that can take more power? You can run the stocks, just make sure to turn the gain way down.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this