Need help with front speaker selections

Participant count
  • Participant list

flyboyy
10+ year member

NYC
Hello, everyone first off I want to thank the website for having great members with great knowledge.

here is what I hope to accomplish "new sexy pair of 5.25 speakers ^^"

I have a 2003 bmw 530i and I would like to upgrade the front speakers they are 5 1/4 , anyone know what speakers I should change to ? I have stock amp hooked to my stock speakers... and I plan to leave it the way it is.......

so what kind of speakers should i get ? not looking to spend too much... i would go upto $150.

I was thinking this

Infinity Reference 5020cs Car Component System

or

PHOENIX GOLD 6" 240w COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS RSD6CS

?

FOCAL 130 A1 5.25" CAR COMPONENT SPEAKERS SET 130A1

I've found Infinity speakers to be quite harsh, I'd stay away from those.

If you plan to keep it on stock power, look for some speakers that have high efficiency. Polk dB line is a good example.

$150 wont get you anything amazing, but you can find nice budget sets out there. Search the forum and read all the threads on budget component selection, this has been covered half a million times.

I've found Infinity speakers to be quite harsh, I'd stay away from those.
If you plan to keep it on stock power, look for some speakers that have high efficiency. Polk dB line is a good example.

$150 wont get you anything amazing, but you can find nice budget sets out there. Search the forum and read all the threads on budget component selection, this has been covered half a million times.
They are only harsh if you really crank the volume. For normal to moderately high volume levels they are fine.

guys,

I bought a set of these

Polk Audio MMC5250

5-1/4" component speaker system

are they good ? I hope they are better then those 2 that i listed.

please give your input thanks.. if they **** I will return them.

^^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.