Flipx99

Componet Forum Boner

Last time I had a system, Rainbow was the current boner. I am still looking at the profi kicks (again)...

Curious what the new boner is.

Does it matter?

Hard to beat the value of a paper-coned midbass and textile tweet bi-amped...especially used.

good question. i havent heard anything lately about rainbow. or whatever the pheonix gold comps were.

im thinking the new one might be the id ctx

good question. i havent heard anything lately about rainbow. or whatever the pheonix gold comps were.

im thinking the new one might be the id ctx

Odd...the depth on those things is crazy.

Does it matter?

Hard to beat the value of a paper-coned midbass and textile tweet bi-amped...especially used.

Not really...just exploring what's out there. Depth and needing an angled tweeter mount keep me away from DIY...at least on the home side. I doubt I ever use a passive crossover.

For awhile it was the PG RSD comps, cheap and get loud as hell.

Glad sounding good was a primary concern.

i think were between boners at the moment because rainbows went out of style and everyone raved about the PG's, about how they were giving them twice their power and how great they were. then a few weeks later there were like 20 threads about blown tweets, and people couldnt figure out why lol

been hearing alot about the ID XS and CXS lately. look nice but too rich for my blood.

There doesn't seem to be a specific boner right now. Rainbow is still mentioned as is Hertz and CDT. Personally if I had money I would look at DLS, Morel or Dynaudio, possibly some Focal sets.

Depth and needing an angled tweeter mount keep me away from DIY...

LPG 25NFA & angle mount kit: http://www.solen.ca/pub/cms_nf_catalogue.php?man=16

Vifa also made one, was the tweet in the Alpine Type X's a couple years back, but I think Madisound stopped selling the angle bracket for it.

What do you have for mounting depth?

Maybe 6spd will have a group buy to bring the boner back?

x2, I'm all in, I need some kicks

There doesn't seem to be a specific boner right now. Rainbow is still mentioned as is Hertz and CDT. Personally if I had money I would look at DLS, Morel or Dynaudio, possibly some Focal sets.

I looked at the Dyns....a little pricy, but hey.

I had the Hertz Space set...may look at some others.

If I had money and space I would go with Revelators or Illuminators for my front stage, but I could neither fit nor afford then, lol.

I can get something similar to the revs with the alpine midbass. That tweeter won't work for me though, I don't think.

Well, if you're looking to spend some money, Morel's 6" Elite is under 2.5", IIRC :)

Well, if you're looking to spend some money, Morel's 6" Elite is under 2.5", IIRC :)

Last time I talked to Don, he was averse to Morel in IB applications.

In the lower price range, the pioneer 720C (non-prs) seems

to be a recent boner.