need some advice on a sub enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

tigerf117
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I've got a pair of 10s and i'm building an enclosure.

the clearance under the rear deck is only about 10 inches, and goes back about six inches. Obviously the face needs to be about 14 inches for the subs to fit.

My question is, How would sound quality be affected, by building the back six inches of the box 4 inches shorter?

crude diagram as shown

calculate the volume difference and then find the percentage of difference. With a small box such as this one the percentage of the difference may be too high for the subs to perform well. Not giving subs enough room will rob your subs performance and the result will not be good. Poly-fill could also be used but I am not a fan and would not know how to calculate how much you would need to make up for the difference.

calculate the volume difference and then find the percentage of difference. With a small box such as this one the percentage of the difference may be too high for the subs to perform well. Not giving subs enough room will rob your subs performance and the result will not be good. Poly-fill could also be used but I am not a fan and would not know how to calculate how much you would need to make up for the difference.
wow reading op's original post could've save you 5 minutes in response time....he said building the back 6" of the box 4" shorter...nothing about not giving the subs proper airspace...

haha, Tell'em CJ. Trey seems retarded, he doesn't seem to have reading skills, and he cant even read a picture book... (simple diagram was included)

Thanks everyone else who read and actually thought about it.

(Chrysler *****) Seabring trunks are not good for enclosures. but what can you say about a free car you know?

Aren't pre-fab ports like those made for a certain cubic feet? I planned on just making the ports on the face using the mdf internally.

haha, Tell'em CJ. Trey seems retarded, he doesn't seem to have reading skills, and he cant even read a picture book... (simple diagram was included)

Thanks everyone else who read and actually thought about it.

(Chrysler *****) Seabring trunks are not good for enclosures. but what can you say about a free car you know?
Trey is actually well informed, but im not sure what he meant by that post.

we all make mistakes from time to time, so cut him some slack.

now if you wanted to do a ported box it would be great...just run the 4" aero ports up thru the rear deck...and face the subs to the back of the trunk...
because snorkel tubes facing the driver are **** sexy.

if you are a man that likes men.

is your box gonna be ported or sealed?

CJ - when/if i get my car fixed you still gonna paint it for me?

I was not aware you were referring to the shape of the box. I was under the assumption that you were going to be removing internal volume from the box in which case what I said stands true.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.