Box build for Missnu

Mike465
10+ year member

Ami Creations
Kennesaw, GA
Ok everyone this box is for Missnu's two 8" DD 1508's. This will br going into an 03 Impala.

Box is 1.25 cubic feet after displacement (per side) with 21 square inches of port tuned to 38Hz.

Here is the design.....................

Impala_SS_DD_1508_Box_1-1.jpg

Impala_SS_DD_1508_Box_2.jpg

Impala_SS_DD_1508_Box_3.jpg

Impala_SS_DD_1508_Box_4.jpg

More to come so stay posted.................................

I'm liking where this is goin' already. I really do love the routered slits for the walls and whatnot, very nice. A little extra math involved to account for the depth of the cut, but I'm sure that box will be solid as a brick. Also, I noticed once the clamps were removed, I didn't see any screw or nail holes, is that solely glue holding the port together? I know glue is what truly holds a box together, I was just curious, it looks gorgeous.

some good craftsmanship there.

question though, why not just do the ports all the way across? Those small crevices next to the ports will great small dead areas.

some good craftsmanship there.

question though, why not just do the ports all the way across? Those small crevices next to the ports will great small dead areas.
Thanks, I did not take it all the way across because I wanted to maintain port are that DD says the sub needs. It will creat some dead spost but these subs are not going to be seeing that much power so there will not be that big of a loss.

**** that is some quality building right there awesome work dude. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thank you sir.

dude nice build so far, do you guys own a lumber yard b/c you go through wood like a baby goes through pampers.
Haha, I wish it would make things better around the shop, but you could say I have a small lumber yard in here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.