My tranny is ROYALLY messing up, dunno if I can get to work. P0774

WOT

Banned
As of yesterday, my car started acting up. Its an 02 Qx4 2wd auto.

I already had code P0335 (crank position sensor) and I had just removed/cleaned it and orderred that sensor locally. But yesterday, I noticed my car wasnt shifting properly, on regular aceleration the car will shift into second smooth, but as soon as it goes to shift into 3rd..... tranny slips like a motha, revs up like crazy, sometimes shifts, sometimes the rpms just stay @ around 3k and that becomes its cruising rpm.... its like no power is getting to the tranny/wheels.

When cruusing maintaining the speed limit, it stays @ 3k and when you push the gas the rpms rise but the car BARELY accelerates.

I checked the tranny fluid level in the dark, and it seemed fine, but Ill confirm in the morning when its cold and on level surface.

So I put the scanner on it. P0774 Shift Solenoid E Intermittent

I have the FSM, but cannot find it anywhere in the **** thing. Can anyone point it out to me. Basically I have no idea whats going on here, and I think I may have to borrow my parents car to get to work tomorrow since I work 40 minutes away and give them cab money since there local....

I made a video of the problem and its uploading onto you tube right now, shows the problem much better than I can explain. heres the youtube vid, processing or some bs, Ill try imageshack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTOMtans1I

Any help appreciated

Well it threw a code P0774 Shift Solenoid E Intermittent

But I have no idea in english what the means, if its a simple fix, or if I need a load lol

And yes, car in my sig

btw, when in the vid I say Im sticking it into overdrive and say it does nothing, thats just my foot moving the throttle, overdrive usually make the car downshift... but obviously, it did not

I dont know a freaking thing about auto trannies so I couldnt tell you, I dont know if i need a new transmission at this point, or a simple solenoid, and if that part s inside or outside the transmission lol

Was hoping someone would know based off the code I pulled, which i have never heard of before

the part is a small solenoid similar to what they use as a battery relay on car audio stuff but much smaller, it is inside the tranny connected to the valve body get it fixed asap before it burns up the clutches. and you should probably take it to a shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.