cant for the life of me crimp 1/0

taintedplay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
cant for the life of me crimp 1/0. i put it down on my concrete garage floor, and used a big bit and a hammer, beat the **** out of it. basically i got one side of the crease under the other, and then presumed to beat more **** out of it. got it to about half its origional size. it doesent pull off, but if i put some force into it it comes right off. any suggestions? or is that good enough?

I use a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. knock one side down,then do the other.

EDIT: sounds like you got that far. After that point I just beat the **** out of it with the hammer untill its flat enough to hold,Then wrap with some e-tape.

But Im a noob and dont know nothing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

cant for the life of me crimp 1/0. i put it down on my concrete garage floor, and used a big bit and a hammer, beat the **** out of it. basically i got one side of the crease under the other, and then presumed to beat more **** out of it. got it to about half its origional size. it doesent pull off, but if i put some force into it it comes right off. any suggestions? or is that good enough?
I use solder and a vise;)

I use a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. knock one side down,then do the other.
EDIT: sounds like you got that far. After that point I just beat the **** out of it with the hammer untill its flat enough to hold,Then wrap with some e-tape.

But Im a noob and dont know nothing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Flat screwdriver does the trick to get things started. I have had to do this a couple times when the wire/terminal doesn't want to cooperate.

Then, as mentioned above, once it is started, just beat the hell out of it. Sooner or later, it will not come loose.

geo

I do it the same way. Beat the hell out of it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Airgas crimpers range from $10-$80 bucks.

I have on of them big ones that are hydraulic nad-helds that work real well.. Once crimped we could never get the terminal off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.