How come my CVR's aren't punching that hard?

Jer510
10+ year member

Slap Addict
I was watching some youtube video's on peoples CVRs and other woofers and I was wondering why my Kicker CVRs aren't punching as hard. I even saw some dude's Kicker CVR 10's powered by a Kicker ZX 400.1 and his subs were moving a lot when the bass hit. I have a Kicker ZX 750.1 powering my 2 12 CVRs and the subs aren't moving that much? Could it be my prefab box doing this? Here's a video of my setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYPVrWf2O3U

I got everything tuned. My amp gain is about 3/4 up. And amp bass boost is about 1/4 up. Amp x-over is around 70 hz. My head unit bass is at -3 and sub level is at max. Loudness on the head unit is on. Head unit bass frequency is at 80 hz. Could my prefab box at 2.8 cubic feet be the reason why my subs aren't moving a lot when the bass hits? CVRs require 2 cubic feet per sub. I am working on my box in the mean time.

I got everything tuned. My amp gain is about 3/4 up. And amp bass boost is about 1/4 up. Amp x-over is around 70 hz. My head unit bass is at -3 and sub level is at max. Loudness on the head unit is on. Head unit bass frequency is at 80 hz. Could my prefab box at 2.8 cubic feet be the reason why my subs aren't moving a lot when the bass hits? CVRs require 2 cubic feet per sub. I am working on my box in the mean time.
Dont really know how to answer your question but I am going to lend some advice anyways:

Turn gain down, bass boost off (unless you like the sound of sloppy farts), and loudness off.

That extra space in your box could be a factor limiting your subs however....

do your self a favor and turn loudness off and leave bass levels at 0, and turn your boost off, it might sound quieter at low volumes but so much clearer/ crisper at might volumes

This man can help you.

philxplod.jpg

You should see HIS youtube!

Okay. But about my subs not moving much? I know that CVRs can get loud and I know I'm feeding enough power. My subs are wired to 2 ohms..

Looks to me like you have your crossovers on both the amp and the head unit turned on resulting in double filtering. Set the amp to full range or turn the crossover off on the amp and use the one on the head unit.

Looks to me like you have your crossovers on both the amp and the head unit turned on resulting in double filtering. Set the amp to full range or turn the crossover off on the amp and use the one on the head unit.
My Alpine 9884 doesn't have a low pass. It has a hpf which is set to 80hz. My amp x-over goes from 50-200. However, my bass frequency on my deck is set to 80hz.

Are you sure they are 2 ohm subs? I had the same setup except I had 4 ohm coils in a sealed box. I had to wire the zx750 to 1 ohmer due to sony explode like results. But boy did it smell like a band-aid factory in my burb! Using correct gauge wire?

turn your HPF off on your head unit... I had this problem in my sister in laws trans am Panisonic head unit jensen 400 watt and 2 alpine type e 10s i had it hitting and she played with it... And it wasnt hitting lol.... Well I found out that HPF was on and turned it off and it sounded good again...

And also do what above said...

Are you sure they are 2 ohm subs? I had the same setup except I had 4 ohm coils in a sealed box. I had to wire the zx750 to 1 ohmer due to sony explode like results. But boy did it smell like a band-aid factory in my burb! Using correct gauge wire?
My CVRs are dual 4 ohm wired to 2 ohms. I'm using 4 gauge wire. I just don't get why my subs aren't punching hard like they should.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jer510

10+ year member
Slap Addict
Jer510
Oakland, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date