Multiple speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

CadillacMatt
10+ year member

Disturbing the Peace
Hey all, know it's been a while but I have to ask for some advice guys.

After a few months of running my ID comps off of a bridged 4CH amp (150wRMS) dialed down to about 100wRMS, I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to run them off of one channel each. The output was about the same but the clarity is so much better! My Q's are still drowning out the highs though so I'm looking into multiple speakers...

I have my 6.5"s in custom door pods, and the tweets in the A-Pillars. I was going to put two Kenwood 5.25"s that I have in the rear sails (run off HU), maybe purchase a set of 4" speakers for the upper front doors(run off HU), which would leave me with an extra two channels on the Infinity to slap onto another set of co-ax speakers but I'm debating on where to put them...

The dash is out of the question because of the airbag, I have some real estate on the knee bolsters but that would leave the speakers downfiring... and I spent quite a bit of time on the door pods so I wouldn't want to re-do them to accomodate another set of speakers... any of you guys running multiple speakers have any ideas? Thanks!

Can you explain what exactly you expect each speaker set to do for your sound? Do you fully understand how to articulate what you're missing? You're talking about wanting more 'highs' and yet you want 5.25 in drivers in the rear sail panels and are talking about speaker positions and other ideas that will do absolutely nothing for you at those frequencies from your listening positions.

Can you explain what exactly you expect each speaker set to do for your sound? Do you fully understand how to articulate what you're missing? You're talking about wanting more 'highs' and yet you want 5.25 in drivers in the rear sail panels and are talking about speaker positions and other ideas that will do absolutely nothing for you at those frequencies from your listening positions.
It's pretty simple actually I want more volume from everything but the sub-bass. I am not building an SQ setup, I could care less about pinpointing where so-and-so is playing his guitar on a "virtual stage" I just need everything but the bass to be louder.

The components I have sound excellent, they have great tonal quality but they tend to get drowned out by the bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.