IDA-X200 help...

Participant count
  • Participants list
maybe you are just confusing terms, but i think it's just that you are an idiot who knows practically nothing about car audio. there is no internal hd on the x200. the only thing i can even remotely think you are talking about would be the unit scanning the thumb drive to see what files it has. it is just not possible to store anything other than radio station preset on the x200.

moron.

before you post another message showing your lack of knowledge maybe you should call alpine directly and ask them how to turn off the internal drive on the x200. be sure to post their response as well.

maybe you are just confusing terms, but i think it's just that you are an idiot who knows practically nothing about car audio. there is no internal hd on the x200. the only thing i can even remotely think you are talking about would be the unit scanning the thumb drive to see what files it has. it is just not possible to store anything other than radio station preset on the x200.
moron.

before you post another message showing your lack of knowledge maybe you should call alpine directly and ask them how to turn off the internal drive on the x200. be sure to post their response as well.
so what your saying is that my brothers head unit does not read "BANKING". your really going to sit here and tell me that? whether its reading or storing, its STILL banking according to the unit. so again...tell me im wrong and ill take a ****ing picture and prove to you that YOU are in fact wrong and it is in fact "banking" whether you want to believe that it says that on the units screen or not.

again, call alpine and ask them how to disable the internal hard drive and post up the response they give. i can't wait to see it.

better yet, once it is done 'banking' take out the thumb drive and try to play the files.

no, i am telling you that you are wrong. the x200 does not store any music files itself. it reads them from the usb drive. period. every hu that has a usb drive has to use some form of software to determine what is on the drive and how to play it.

take out your usb drive and try to play the files after it is done 'banking' and tell us all how it works out for you.

banking.jpg

know wtf your talking about before you bust balls (or try to anyways). It's sad really that I had to dig up the manual online to prove my point. YOU are the moron, not I.

read the ****ing model number and then read on down further....THIS model has BANKING. douchebag.

thanks, you made my day by making me laugh. you still cannot grasp the concept of what banking is. it is just a term that alpine uses to explain the process of reading the drive to determine what files are on it and what order to play them in.

just take out the drive and try to play the songs.

thanks, you made my day by making me laugh. you still cannot grasp the concept of what banking is. it is just a term that alpine uses to explain the process of reading the drive to determine what files are on it and what order to play them in.
just take out the drive and try to play the songs.
what can you not accept? proof is in the picture lol. x200 has the bank function 10 folder, 1000 per folder. whats not to grasp? i doubt alpine is lying in their manual that their unit does something when it really doesn't.

hahahahha.

ok, i give up. for the lat time, the x200 DOES NOT STORE ANY MUSIC FILES INTERNALLY. when you connect a usb drive it 'banks' the info. this simply means that it reads your drive, determines how many files are on there and the order in which to play them.

Audio Products Technical Support

(Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.)

(800) TECH-101 (1-800-832-4101)

call them, please, i am begging you. post up the process they tell you to do to disable the internal drive on the x200.

well genius, what did alpine tell you? i am sure others would like to know how to control the internal hard drive on this unit.

I'm gonna have to agree with Nineball. I own the x200 as well and it's going to bank no matter what you do. All it's doing is reading the files and dividing up all the music on the drive. He's not arguing that the unit sais "Banking", but rather that it's not doing what you probably think it is. Only way to disable it is to not use the usb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

first of all, the original poster is rude and immature. you came here for help but you personally attack the first person who tried to help you. whether he is right or wrong, you should at least show appreciation. Did your mom teach you that when you were a child? Or are you still one?

Secondly, you were too lazy to read the manual before posting here. step 1 is read the manual. step 2 is to read the manual. but instead you only read the manual just to prove other wrong. you could have read the manual and save your and other's time.

thirdly, your IQ level is inadequate. Nineball said clearly that banking is just reading/scanning, no harddrive. but you refuse to understand that. instead, you just kept stating your ignorance, "banking is there, it shows. see?". of course banking is there, without it, how do you search for song?

finally, I am supprised that mod did not ban this guy. this kind of post devalue forums.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.