Speakers for my 06 bmw 325i

Participant count
  • Participant list

juicy_jj
10+ year member

st.louis
Ok so im not really sure if i should upgrade the factory speakers in my bmw 325i...

The h/k speakers from the factory are pretty good but i want super clean and detailed sound.

First off do i need a 3 way set up or a 2 way set up?? Do i also upgrade the rear speakers in the doors??

I listen to mostly rock, blues and rap...

Lets here some of your opinions!!

Pretty sure BMW's have stock 3-way on the newer ones.

If the speakers are anything like they were in my friends '03 530i, you don't need to change them. If anything I'd get an external processor to X-over the speakers higher, then put in a nice low-end stage, nothing too big or fancy and have that cover the lows. The only problem I found with my friends BMW was that the speakers tried to do frequencies below like 60hz, and it didn't work out too well. Ended up sounding hollow.

Ok what is an external procesor?? Is that a head unit?I gotta admit the stock speakers are prerry darn good
No. Not exactly. More like a cross-over. In order to do this, you'd have to externally amp the speakers. Which could prove costly. You could just completely ignore that, splice into your harness and use a LOC (which is actually a high output converter, not low.)

The only problem with that idea is that your speakers and subs might be playing the same frequency and thus have cancellation issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.