Jetta build coming soon...

gqjeff
10+ year member

Waz up????
IL
Waiting for my tranny to get back and then put it back in the car and then I will be starting with the install.. Going to finish deadening first though I have Damp pro, spectrum and LLP, cascade spray on also along with a less name brand butyl deadener I have done the front doors with 4 layers already. Going to use damp pro on the frotns again then use spectrum or cacade to fill in any spots I may hve missed. Here are a few pics so far.

IMG00223-20090322-1612.jpg

IMG00229-20090322-1614.jpg

boxbuild7.jpg

Got some new 19*10 rears and 19*8 fronts so a nice deep dish staggered look coming too.

I have a P980BT headunit going in.

Focal K2P's for the comps.

DC Level 4 10 is 1.4 cu at 33HZ

All 1/0 wire and big 3

Sundown SAX 100.2 for the comps

Sundown SAE 1000D for the sub stage.

I will take pics of the progress and I am hoping it turns out sweet. Going to use the stock tweeter location and the stock 6.5 location.

dang. 4 layers on the outer skin? IMO that's a bit of a waste. once you seal your doors, that layer won't matter much. Where the speaker will be mounted to will be more important to deaden.

Yea it all deadened inner outer inside outside. I want the doors virtually silent to any outside noise...

Here are a few more pics.. Still more stuff coming. Forget the HU at home so maybe try and grab a pic of that also.

DSC05302.jpg

DSC05304.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05310.jpg

DSC05313.jpg

DSC05312.jpg

DSC05309.jpg

Thanks, with all the weight going into the car for deadening and gear I have a Carbon fiber hood coming to compensate for some weight. Also I will be removing my spare tire as I have a second Kinetic battery going into the spare tire spot anyways along with the wiring. Trying to decide if I want to color match the CF hood or not? Slotted and Crossdrilled rotors are going on the car soon too. Trying to deicde if I want to do bigger front and rears. The pics have 18's but 19's are going on the car.. Prob will raise the coilovers up just a bit.. The fenders are also getting rolled as my cousins bodyshop for the big ass tires...

You thought about just candying the hood.. I have had a CF hood before on this car and it looked good. The wheels on the car are gone I have the newer ones I picked up and some other 18's. I like staggered look though thats why I sold the others. The 18's I have are not staggered either. Here are the other wheels.

2toys.jpg

I hear ya. I like staggered too, just not a big fan of the design with your color that's all. If course, JMO. But ugh I hate front plates. It's the law though :-/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.