Reccomend me a high quality, low wattage speaker......

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
A friend wants me to put some new speakers in his truck for him. He just has a stock GM radio, so I'm looking for some speaker reccomendations that do well on low power.

Any ideas? Boston seems to have a good selection of low RMS drivers. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

He wants to keep it pretty basic. He has a stock stereo, but his speakers are due for replacement.
The problem is that stock speakers are designed to be very efficient to make best use of limited amp power. After market speakers are less efficient and will not be as loud as the stock speakers. The amp will distort sooner to achieve a moderate listening levels.

Really, it's not a big deal. You can get a profile amp for $40 and a wiring kit for another $16. It will sound much better with an amp and decent speakers.

A few feet of Second Skin DP to seal up the doors and it will sound great.

He wants to keep it pretty basic. He has a stock stereo, but his speakers are due for replacement.
The problem is that stock speakers are designed to be very efficient to make best use of limited amp power. After market speakers are less efficient and will not be as loud as the stock speakers. The amp will distort sooner to achieve a moderate listening levels.

Really, it's not a big deal. You can get a profile amp for $40 and a wiring kit for another $16. It will sound much better with an amp and decent speakers.

A few feet of Second Skin DP to seal up the doors and it will sound great.

Infinity Kappa's 62.7's or any kappa series

There rated for 75wrms each but im feeding them off my HU, P500UB (22wrms x4)

There extremely clean and loud... 120+DB for that matter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.