The Great 15" Challenge

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
15” Heads-up Challenge

Proposal – Collect 15” Dual 2ohm models from several companies to do a variety of tests to compare the subwoofers.

Testing Setup

2000 Toyota 4runner

250amp EA alt

DD Z2lv or RD D9s

6 Stinger SPV70s

Boxes – Nine different boxes will be built (all 1.5” mdf)

•3 Bassrace Boxes

•3 Spl Boxes

•3 Daily Boxes

Tests-

• 30 second bassrace average (all subs will be on the same song which is not appointed yet)

• Spl burp peak score

• Daily will be tested by ear, this is obviously an opinionated decision but we will try and do the best we can in this case.

Scores-

Bassrace and SPL peak will be held on a Termlab mic, which I have two in my possession.

Boxes will be built by Mike Strass, a well respected box builder in the greater Chicago area.

AS of right now RD has confirmed testing several of their 15"s waiting on several other companies including DC, Cascade Designs, Sundown, and Others.

If you are a subwoofer company and would like to be involved please PM me.

Well we are set on RD subs, hoping to have the Cascade V2 out by then as well but the V1 will be tested im sure. Waiting on other companies, I hope to hear back from IA, DC, Sundown in the next few days. Also working on getting a LMS to test but not sure anyone wants to lend one out lol.

Well we are set on RD subs, hoping to have the Cascade V2 out by then as well but the V1 will be tested im sure. Waiting on other companies, I hope to hear back from IA, DC, Sundown in the next few days. Also working on getting a LMS to test but not sure anyone wants to lend one out lol.
I have:

SS XXX 15"

T3 TSNS 15" D2

Cactus MK 15"

9515G D2 (still waitin to hear back on this)

Havent talked with Scott yet but Nick was not to intrigued by the idea, due to the variables. But that is why I am having 9 boxes made.

I may end up just purchasing one for testing if that is the case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.