Looking to buy this refurbished Kicker ZX2500.1 amp off ebay. Need opinions

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I am thinking about buying this amp either tonight or tomorrow off ebay.. since nobody around here got one for sale.. I had my WTB thread bumped up for almost 2 months now and no one bit..

ZX2500.1 on eBay

This ebay seller is an authorized Kicker dealer

the price is not too steep imo.. $560 shipped for a throughly refurbished amp with 90 days warranty..

and I dont see anything wrong about this seller or item.. it sounds promising to me..

so should I watch out for anything? just wanted to check with you guys before proceeding to buy this amp..

thanks in advance

I wouldnt get it.. You can never get ahold of them never.. So warranty would be pretty much useless since you cant get a Ra from them because you cant reach them through calling or by email. I think I saw a couple for sale for around $400-450.

yea HIFI is a dealer and not a bad company i got my amp from them, was said brand new on the listing and seems to be brand new not a mark on it, just get extremely hot for some reason even when no rca's hooked up to it and the gain on zero, and not playing music so idk

According to the specs, it's something you should stay away from:

Birdged Output: >95dB

Signal To Noise Ratio: 20Hz-200Hz

Frequency Response: 250mV-10V

Ron //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I bought a refurb KX2500.1 about 2 years ago from HiFi. It was doa but Kicker fixed it under the warranty with no problem at all. Just make sure you keep the bill of sale and you won't ever have to contact HiFi again, you can get a RA number from kicker if needed and send it straight to them. I'd buy from them again.

I see I am not too sure now ha.. but I ll wait and see if others can chime in and see if they had any problem with hifi

I wouldnt get it.. You can never get ahold of them never.. So warranty would be pretty much useless since you cant get a Ra from them because you cant reach them through calling or by email. I think I saw a couple for sale for around $400-450.
where did you see a couple for sale?

I bought a refurb KX2500.1 about 2 years ago from HiFi. It was doa but Kicker fixed it under the warranty with no problem at all. Just make sure you keep the bill of sale and you won't ever have to contact HiFi again, you can get a RA number from kicker if needed and send it straight to them. I'd buy from them again.
this seems like the best thing to do right here...i bought a pair of mtx 8500's from them and never had a problem...good price and items were brand new like in listing

this seems like the best thing to do right here...i bought a pair of mtx 8500's from them and never had a problem...good price and items were brand new like in listing
I see, calling kicker directly for warranty sounds promising.. I am kind of convinced about this, but I just found a few for sale around here so I will see what I can do but if it comes down to a no avail then i ll just buy this one off ebay..

I think smd.com and on here I think.
cool ok, i just searched for it in classifieds and i didnt realize that there is a few that went on sale recently so I just contacted some of them and hopefully there will be some good news from them

thanks for the heads up!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.