Sign in to follow this  
1ndatrunk

Aero port ?

6.5cuft box+ 18"CSX= ? 4" aeros?

How many 4" aeros should I use in this box? This is for daily only and will be tuned to 35-38hz. Please help me quick so I can get this done in the morning. Thanks

Refs: Korn4Life, Seth3515, JusBloud, mgeagles, Rashaad, Dacheatham, nuboot, Silentbass, Lysfys, Woofercooker, Redgp, Boominspl, Cameron B, Beaver1992 x2, Whiteram,Juukno, Towncar, Cravingbass123, slam330, rgplayer, TeamSouthrnBass, Anniku, Goose5741, KyngHype, Southsyde, HRTBRK1, mbrooky, jonny101abc, richardparker

6.5cuft box+ 18"CSX= ? 4" aeros?

How many 4" aeros should I use in this box? This is for daily only and will be tuned to 35-38hz. Please help me quick so I can get this done in the morning. Thanks

I'd personally use two 4" Aero's or 1 6" Aero...

Refs: Andrew2944r, RyanM923, BASSMEKANIK, Sundowz, Rusty...WCA, TeZ, William Brea, LExus300, amp junkie, DUMPED, and tons more..

99 Regal GS - SUPERCHARGED B|TCH:p:

Silver HHR - 155.1 db

TEAM SOUNDSTREAM

XS Power

REFS:jeeper07,thegreatestpenn,TeamPSI(x3),dbman150,bad @SS chevy,tommyk90,*GQ*,THXdts, XxSuperAdamxX,fatboyracing,gymfreak101,LTnChynadoll,amartin_72,avs20,Twisted_0912

SOLD TO: Kold_Killa,GMCJimmyslt2000,skitzafit,ravens9322,wErd,jeramydean,Shinju,the12voltsux,gammey4,camaroaudio69,bigwheel15

TRADED: RnK1026,wasted ink

I'd personally use two 4" Aero's or 1 6" Aero...

Only 2? That seems like it wouldn't be enough.

I was thinking of that many, but then I thought about doing 6 ports. Would that be too much port area?

Refs: Korn4Life, Seth3515, JusBloud, mgeagles, Rashaad, Dacheatham, nuboot, Silentbass, Lysfys, Woofercooker, Redgp, Boominspl, Cameron B, Beaver1992 x2, Whiteram,Juukno, Towncar, Cravingbass123, slam330, rgplayer, TeamSouthrnBass, Anniku, Goose5741, KyngHype, Southsyde, HRTBRK1, mbrooky, jonny101abc, richardparker

2 6in ftw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mids are part of the comoponent set :fyi:

I know that! I just don't care how good the mids sound just want the speakers that come with it to sound good bc I prob won't use the mids

2 6in ftw

I would, but I already have too much pvc sitting around here as it is:crap:

4 Aeros ftw then...:)

Refs: Andrew2944r, RyanM923, BASSMEKANIK, Sundowz, Rusty...WCA, TeZ, William Brea, LExus300, amp junkie, DUMPED, and tons more..

99 Regal GS - SUPERCHARGED B|TCH:p:

You can do 4in i was going to run 4 on my btl i was just scared cause it wasn't enof port area.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know that! I just don't care how good the mids sound just want the speakers that come with it to sound good bc I prob won't use the mids

You can do 4in i was going to run 4 on my btl i was just scared cause it wasn't enof port area.

2 6" ports are the same as 4 4"s right? If 4 4"s weren't enough for yours will it be enough for me? Would 6 4"s work? Too much or not enough?

4 4in are not the same as 2 6 in i just didnt want the hastel with all those ports.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

personally I use 1 4" aero per 1.5 cu.ft. so that would come to 4 for your enclosure. 2 6"s would be closer to optimal port area tho. 1 6" has more area than 2 4"s

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html

2k2 honda civic

summer build

audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active

soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18

pioneer deh-80prs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

personally I use 1 4" aero per 1.5 cu.ft. so that would come to 4 for your enclosure. 2 6"s would be closer to optimal port area tho. 1 6" has more area than 2 4"s

Would 5 4"s be better than 4 then?

it'd be overkill and the ports would have to be very long

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html

2k2 honda civic

summer build

pioneer deh-80prs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 4" is just barely enough, imo. But, I'm the type that likes to run a lot of port :)

100_0345-1-1.jpg

Ben Hemp

1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD

2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB

2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB

2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3

Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

see what the lengths would be for 4 and 5 ports and go from there

HU: AVIC-F90BT

Sub: 15" Treo SSX

Amp: MTX TE4001D

Front: Eclipse SC 8365 x 2

Amp: Audison LRX 250.2

JL attracts hood rats

It has to do with evolution. The blacks have not yet fully evolved from monkey to the current white human. They are in a transition state. That is why they are not very intelligent and have barbaric instincts that cause them to commit crime. It is just the monkey in them.

REFS griffin850, Safe_Cracker, Kamikazekyle05, Korn4Life, blaze383..others on ROE also

4 4" is just barely enough, imo. But, I'm the type that likes to run a lot of port :)

So would you do five or six 4"ers? This is for daily if that makes a diff

I run 3 internal aero ports in 4 cubes for my 15 an 2 external in 3.5 cft for my 2 10"s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if its not an SPL box, I don't think u need more than 4. 5 is def doable but not necessary at all

2k2 honda civic

summer build

pioneer deh-80prs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll stick to 4 then and see what happens. I've got plenty of wood, if it doesn't work

what're you doing with the xsite amp? I may know someone that wants to buy it (even tho they need something bigger, but they can start with your amp)?

2k2 honda civic

summer build

pioneer deh-80prs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pics of the build :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what're you doing with the xsite amp? I may know someone that wants to buy it (even tho they need something bigger, but they can start with your amp)?

It'll be my backup once someone sells me something big. I may just buy my boys Opti4000D for $400. I may sell it for the right price though. How much does he want to spend? BTW I can get those C&D batts you posted about from ebay for $50 picked up:veryhapp:, the guy lives 10min from me. Let me know about the amp though.

Pics of the build :)

I'll take some once I get the box plans finalized. I may be able to sqeeze an extra .5-1 cuft out of my trunk.

His username on here is nwbowman1977 PM him about your amp. He'll probably ask me about it and I'll vouch for you. I can' believe you got those batts for so cheap. I woulda bought 3 2 weeks ago. Alas i'm rolling with kinetik for a bit

2k2 honda civic

summer build

pioneer deh-80prs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

His username on here is nwbowman1977 PM him about your amp. He'll probably ask me about it and I'll vouch for you. I can' believe you got those batts for so cheap. I woulda bought 3 2 weeks ago. Alas i'm rolling with kinetik for a bit

Ok, I'll pm him now. Thanks

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this