precision port 90 degree elbow

gqjeff
10+ year member

Waz up????
IL
I got my 4" port today but I need to use a 90. I went and checked out the standard 90 4" pvc ones and they do not fit at all. How or where are people making these work or getting ones that will? I need to use the flare at the end also and I see dayton make a male to female one so is that what I need?

Well the Dayton ones will not work just got off the phone with parts-express. So how are you guys sealing them together using standard PVC 4"? Could I use some type of gasget then use plumbers goop or something to fill the void and sill it?

Thanks, Jeff

Yea that's what I am afraid of plus the weight of the 4" pvc elbow on the thin wall. How are others doing it?

IIRC, the precision port tubing is 1/16" thick. That makes the OD 4-1/8. Sch 40 PVC is 4-1/2 I think. You can get closer by using SDR35 sewer application PVC. The pipe has a thinner wall, still thicker than the P-P's. You could wrap the P-P tube with tape or thin deadener to take up the slack and create a tight fit.

IIRC, the precision port tubing is 1/16" thick. That makes the OD 4-1/8. Sch 40 PVC is 4-1/2 I think. You can get closer by using SDR35 sewer application PVC. The pipe has a thinner wall, still thicker than the P-P's. You could wrap the P-P tube with tape or thin deadener to take up the slack and create a tight fit.

Ok cool I am going to check it out.

TY, Jeff

yeah try that sewer pipe I know there is a pvc that will fit go to a supply house with it and look at some. if you are in the northwest suburbs go to wagner and sons in wheeling or it might be prospect heights

How about cutting each end at a 45 degree angle using a miter box. CA and/or hot glue the pcs together. Use caulk to seal the joint and, if possible, sand the joint lightly on the inside.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I found the sewer pipe pvc and that is going to work good. It adds 6.5" of port length also. I need 20.23 so this actually works out great.

the 90 ads more that actually length to the tuning I forget how much I hope someone can find the formula that tells the restriction to it and how much to cut off because of it. It is similar to like when you make a labyrinth slot port.

with one 90 it is not gunna be much difference but a little. try to see if you can find and fit long sweep fittings. less restriction and acts more like a straight piece.

Here is the 90 and this is how I was told to measure it. That is where I got the 6.5 to add to the port length.

IMG00199-20090320-0804.jpg

IMG00200-20090320-0804.jpg

design.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.