Focal 165 K3P vs 165V3E

Hi guys,

I am looking to install a three-way component set in my '09 Mustang convertible. I listened to some difference sets at a local audio shop but I really liked the Focal’s. However, I only got to listen to the model 100 KP but I was still impressed. So I thought I would get a Focal 3-way. Now the choice is between the K2 Power set or the Polyglass set. I can get the 165V3E for around $500 brand new and I can get the 165 K3P for $1,000. So the better quality speakers are double the price. And if I go with this set, I would have to create two sets of bracket for the mid-range and mid-bass speakers to fit. As well as drill a hole for the tweeter. But with the lower model Focal’s, I would save money and only have to create a bracket for the Mid-bass 6.5” speaker.

Tell me, is it worth the headache to get the more expensive model?

And is the KP series that much better than the V3E? Or will I hardly know there’s a difference?

If anybody has listened to these speakers, please offer me some advice. I am torn on what to do.

i have the polyglass vr's in my car. the polyglass ones are slightly louder and i felt warmer. the k2 series was cleaner but sounded dry and not full to me. its all personal opinion but install is everything. sound deaden those doors good and seal them up and you will love the way either of those two component sets sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.