Why my highs sound distorted?

yo0123yo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
when i turn my music up pretty high i am hearing distortion coming from only my tweeters they are the kicker ones..ive had my system for over a year with no problems and this is the only problem the music jus sounds ridiculously distorted im running the 350.4 to them and its powering 4 other pioneer 6.5's. what would cause the highs to be distorting after about a year?

**** so u think they are blown? cuz its weird they both sound ****ed up but only when they are loud they dont sound distorted when they are low.

nope all the amp settings have remained the same for like a year. could it be anything with the tweeter overs? cuz on songs with not that high of frequencies it wont distort but then on other songs with high frequency they will distort

Where are you speaker crossovers at...........assuming you are still passive.
k how do i check where the speaker crossovers are at? is this on the amp or on the x-overs that came with the tweets i did not do my own setup i had a shop do it for me

Double check for pinch points there may be some insulation over the months that has rubbed off and may arc to chasiss another lead of the speaker wire, thus at loud volumes with more voltage running in the wire the arc can reach farther. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

well i just found somethikn out... i took my door apart and found that when i move the neg and pos wires around that connect to the tweeter it cuts in and out so im pretty sure its not blown since its cutting in and out when i move the wires around

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.