enclosure for two 15inch Aq sd2.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
I'm switching subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif again

This time, i'm going with 2 15 inch Audioque sd2.5 dvc 4ohm hooked on a bxi2006d.

The box will be 37.25 lenght x 23 deep x 18.5 height for a total of 7.5 before drivers / port displacement. It's a bit on the short side so i might use the wheel pit if possible, but not for now.

i've draw a first attemp

boxsd2515inch.jpg

I'll be using the side of the box for the port, coz that's the only way i'll get clearance. how long and and wide should the port be for a 36hz tuning? any problem with the port facing each other? the box is only 23 deep - 15inch driver - 1.5 wood, so that's why i want to use both side and less wide port. I don't know how much port area i need tough

thank you

if you want to be loud and efficiant you might want the box a little bigger... one way i would do this would be to do aeroports. like 4 5" or somehwere along those lines. if you cant afford the actual aeroports, buy some pvc pipe and a heat gun. cut the pipe into pieces for your ports and heat up the ends of the pipe 1 at a time. bend them and shape them till they flare... its not perfect and there are other ways to flare it. but its cheap and it works...

slot port take much more space? i did aero port on my last setup and i prefer to go back to slot. It need less bracing on the pros side

slot port take much more space? i did aero port on my last setup and i prefer to go back to slot. It need less bracing on the pros side
yea. it doesnt take as much space. mainly because you can put them on the out side of the box.... they will add db's if you do it right, and bettter quality cuz there is a ton less port noise. i recommend it.

I need around 120 inch/sq of port aero for my 7 ft/cu box. that's like 4 x 6inch aeros. That will take a lof of box airspace //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

slot can't go on side of the box?

I need around 120 inch/sq of port aero for my 7 ft/cu box. that's like 4 x 6inch aeros. That will take a lof of box airspace //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
slot can't go on side of the box?
i have 4 6" aeroports for my 2 18" mt's in a 14 cubic ft box... thats enough space for me. slot ports and aeroport boxes dont exactly need the same amount of airspace. you would be fine with 4 5" aero's... and yea the slot ports always go on the inside. but i think your asking a different question... if your doing subs up and ports back and your haveing 7 cubic ft, i would imagine its not going in the trunk of a car. unless its a buick or cadilac.. that said you have some space to work with.... if you design a strong well sealed and braced box and do the aeros flared i gaurentee it would be better than a slot... but hey, i wont lecture you.. if you want to make a slot thats fine. but i would make it 1 big port rather than 2... 120-140 sq inch of port is fine... but remember.

i have 4 6" aeroports for my 2 18" mt's in a 14 cubic ft box... thats enough space for me. slot ports and aeroport boxes dont exactly need the same amount of airspace. you would be fine with 4 5" aero's... and yea the slot ports always go on the inside. but i think your asking a different question... if your doing subs up and ports back and your haveing 7 cubic ft, i would imagine its not going in the trunk of a car. unless its a buick or cadilac.. that said you have some space to work with.... if you design a strong well sealed and braced box and do the aeros flared i gaurentee it would be better than a slot... but hey, i wont lecture you.. if you want to make a slot thats fine. but i would make it 1 big port rather than 2... 120-140 sq inch of port is fine... but remember.
I'm dealing with the tiny trunk of an accent 99. not that small, but still i'm using most of it, except the little cleareance before the wheel on booth side... the reason why my port got the be in the side. I wish i could do a single slot port between the two subs, but there isn't a lot of space... 37,25 is the max lenght i can get for the top baffle (where subs are gonna be). 37.25- 1.5 of wood - 30inch worth of subs + their mounting part= too short...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Right now, the weather in qc, can won't allow me to work on my trunk at all. In a month, i'll be looking at the wheel pit dimension and hopefully getting like an additionnal 2ft/cu, but i ain't sure. The box will need to be build in the car ....

I would love to live somewhere south in Usa, was in miami beach one month ago and I love the "winter" weather over there...

it's like -20celcius around here atm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'm dealing with the tiny trunk of an accent 99. not that small, but still i'm using most of it, except the little cleareance before the wheel on booth side... the reason why my port got the be in the side. I wish i could do a single slot port between the two subs, but there isn't a lot of space... 37,25 is the max lenght i can get for the top baffle (where subs are gonna be). 37.25- 1.5 of wood - 30inch worth of subs + their mounting part= too short...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Right now, the weather in qc, can won't allow me to work on my trunk at all. In a month, i'll be looking at the wheel pit dimension and hopefully getting like an additionnal 2ft/cu, but i ain't sure. The box will need to be build in the car ....

I would love to live somewhere south in Usa, was in miami beach one month ago and I love the "winter" weather over there...

it's like -20celcius around here atm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

aah. ic.. well its cold here too in ohio... but building the box in the trunk is no easy task. haha. i had to assemble my box in 2 pieces inside the car and that was hard enough... so just for a warning it might be hard.. simple advice. if you cant get the space and the right amount of space, tuning etc... i would switch to 2 12's or 1 15 and build a better box.... thats my opinion.. i had 4 dd 2500's in a **** box and someone else had 4 12" lanzar max's in an ideal box and it beat me out by 2 db's...

Dj says it was fine with 3ft/cu each. They don't need that much space but they'll sound fuller on 4ft/cu. Anyway, i'm keeping this car for at most 1 more year so i guess i can live the subs not being used to their full potential. I've 7.5 net after wood displacement and i need 6ft/cu net after sub (.15x 2 = .3), bracing and port. 120 of port aera seems is huge for me, and math aren't my thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Dj says it was fine with 3ft/cu each. They don't need that much space but they'll sound fuller on 4ft/cu. Anyway, i'm keeping this car for at most 1 more year so i guess i can live the subs not being used to their full potential. I've 7.5 net after wood displacement and i need 6ft/cu net after sub (.15x 2 = .3), bracing and port. 120 of port aera seems is huge for me, and math aren't my thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
haha. math isnt my subject either. believe me! but yea you can get away with that space.. all i was saying was the subs will play more effeciantly in a bigger box... like my subs could be in a 20 cubic ft box but i dont feel like doing a wall in my car. haha... but i guess just do what you gotta do.. if the box is strong and you have the power and electrical it should slam none the less ... soo good luck with the build !!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.