Stinger Pro vs. Knu

This wire is hooking up Infinity Kappa's all around, 60w RMS for 4x6 and 90w RMS for 6 1/2. 12G seems like overkill.. or does Stinger wire just ****? lol

This wire is hooking up Infinity Kappa's all around, 60w RMS for 4x6 and 90w RMS for 6 1/2. 12G seems like overkill.. or does Stinger wire just ****? lol
In my 12 years experience, I've never heard any difference between 12awg and 16awg wire in a car unless its subs of course. The determining factor IMO is how hard is it going to be to run the 12awg thru the car? Door grommets can be a lil tricky sometimes to get thicker wire thru. I'm running 16awg to all 6 of my speakers and I would be astonished to find anyone who's running a similar setup that sounds better than mine because they ran 12awg rather than 16awg. And FYI, stinger makes great wire just as Knu does. There both good. Do what fits.

no reason to EVER use 12 awg for doors unless you are running serious power...and i mean SERIOUS.

16 is easier to run, keep the 12 for when you need it.

quality of both is the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.