should i turn my box around and try to seal it off?

99grandprixGT
5,000+ posts

now got an 04 grand prix
home
what do you guys think? will it be worth the work? my seats dont fold down, only through a little pass through. but what im thinking is that i wont be able to push the box all that close to the back seat because there is a bar going across that is shorter then my box so id have to at least start the box there.so im wanting to try and seal it off.and ive seen other threads and people using expanding foam, but does that stuff come off easily, for when i sell the car? just looking for some ideas that wont mess up the car, and no i dont want to cut any of the medal. thanks.

060.jpg

i wish i could wall it off, but i need my back seat, and then if i did wall it off id want to upgrade to like 2 18s or something. but i think ill try to seal it off or get 2 15s in the trunk this summer. im going to redo my whole system. and ill have another car to drive in the summer so i can tear this one apart and take my time. probably build the box in the trunk or in two pieces.

i was about to make a thread asking this same question, although my seats do fold down and im planning on turnin the box around and sealing it off like your planning on doing.. idk if its worth it though?

any input will help a bunch

ps. how do you exactly seal it off?

I am contemplating the same thing, and am completely rebuilding my system soon too. I have a 98 gtp. I am likely going to build a 2 piece box since our trunk openings are so small. I will be putting 2 15" nightshades in mine. I am thinking about rear facing with aero's through the passthrough (still deciding). And pulling the back seat and putting another set of buckets in the back. But have to wait for it to warm up as I am sound deadening everything and its cold here.

I am contemplating the same thing, and am completely rebuilding my system soon too. I have a 98 gtp. I am likely going to build a 2 piece box since our trunk openings are so small. I will be putting 2 15" nightshades in mine. I am thinking about rear facing with aero's through the passthrough (still deciding). And pulling the back seat and putting another set of buckets in the back. But have to wait for it to warm up as I am sound deadening everything and its cold here.
ya i want to do 2 15s. are your 15s ported now? if i could just fit 2 15s ported in the trunk id be happy. i think i can fit them but theyd have to up up firing. so i dont know how that would sound or where to have the port.

i was thinking the exact same thing for my new system thats currently in the making. i was thinking it would kind of act like a mini wall?? but i dunno for sure. 98 gp too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

i was thinking of doing a little forward facing wall in the trunk and having one 9512 where the middle section of the seat folds down. seems like a good idea to me

Why is everyone stuck on 15's? Is it just because thier big?Why not a single 15 set up?

As much as I'm a big fan of forward firing trunks in this case I'd say no. If by chance you need to work on your subs how are you going to accomplish that?

Why is everyone stuck on 15's? Is it just because thier big?Why not a single 15 set up?
As much as I'm a big fan of forward firing trunks in this case I'd say no. If by chance you need to work on your subs how are you going to accomplish that?
id have to take out the back seat evertime:crap: you guys think 2 15s would or 1 18 up firing would get loud in trunk car? with port towards the cabin. i might just stick with 2 12s

ya i want to do 2 15s. are your 15s ported now? if i could just fit 2 15s ported in the trunk id be happy. i think i can fit them but theyd have to up up firing. so i dont know how that would sound or where to have the port.

I am running 2 sealed 15's right now, but will be switching to ported. Without doing metal work aroung the backseat I will be forced to have my sundowns rear firing or top firing towards the trunk. I am trying to figure out where to fire the port also.....

You will be able to fit 2 15's in there ported, but will have to build the box in the trunk or build a 2 piece box the seal it up in the trunk.

id have to take out the back seat evertime:crap: you guys think 2 15s would or 1 18 up firing would get loud in trunk car? with port towards the cabin. i might just stick with 2 12s
I'm sure every combination listed will get loud in that trunk. Whatever you choose is gonna require an ass load of work. Up firing in a trunk works but without a shitton of deadening it makes your stuff sound like ass;) jmo

I am running 2 sealed 15's right now, but will be switching to ported. Without doing metal work aroung the backseat I will be forced to have my sundowns rear firing or top firing towards the trunk. I am trying to figure out where to fire the port also.....
You will be able to fit 2 15's in there ported, but will have to build the box in the trunk or build a 2 piece box the seal it up in the trunk.
ya i have some ideas, i think the 2 piece design will be our best bet. probably fire up at the trunk lid, and port towrds cabin, so should be able to get the subs in and out and then be able to glue the box from the inside by going through the sub cut out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.